~2~

Thank you @AvengeMyth for this beautiful cover. Love it! xx

~~

"Two souls don't find each other by simple accident."

~~

The man left me in a small windowless room.

The only way in and out was a small metal door that only opened from the outside.

Don't panic Angelica.

Do not panic.

I chanted the silent mantra in my head.

I had to figure out a way to get out of here.

But how?

The door creaked open and I jumped in surprise, my eyes taking in the men who filed in. There were four in total, the one in front was clearly in charge.

The first thing I noticed was that he looked about the same age as me.

The second thing I noticed was how unrealistically beautiful he was. He was almost too perfect.

His skin.

His hair.

His lips.

Everything about him was perfect.

How could someone so beautiful be evil?

I found myself thinking.

But that's the thing about beauty, it can deceive you. I realized that as soon as our eyes met.

I shuddered.

His black eyes were cold.

Lifeless.

Cruel.

"Who is this?" His voice was soft like velvet, almost innocent but his black eyes flashed, giving him away.

"Warren brought her in, and said she saw him taking care of some business." One of the men standing behind him replied.

He sighed, his face growing bored. He walked towards me slowly. His eyes studying me with that same bored look.

"She's too plain for my liking." He said blandly. His eyes moved over my body in a way that made me want to throw up, they finally came to settle on my chest. "Too skinny." He clicked his tongue in disapproval. His hand started reaching out to touch me.

It happened fast.

My hand whipped back and I brought it down with full force.

The sound of the slap resonated.

My hand throbbed.

My eyes widened in realization.

What have I done?

He hissed in rage. His hand went to his cheek.

In a flash, he was on me. His hand fisted my hair, he yanked my head back painfully. His other hand wrapped around my throat cutting off my air supply.

"You will regret that, bitch." He snarled.

I started clawing at his hands.

He threw me against the wall, the collision knocked the air out of my lungs.

My shoulders heaved as I gasped for air. I raised my head and gave the man the most hate-filled glare I could muster. His pitch-black eyes narrowed on me for a second before his attention turned to the men behind him.