~20~

"They say searching for love is like searching for yourself. When you find yourself you find love, because they are the same. . .
. . . but it's a lonely city, sometimes I walk all night without being seen."

~Runaway-Galantis~

~~

I woke up groggily from a dreamless sleep. As soon as my eyes opened they met with a pair of dark grey ones peering down at me.

I screamed and nearly toppled off the bed in fright.

Sebastian blinked at me in confusion.

I clasped a hand over my chest, trying to tame my racing heart.

"Sebastian! You nearly gave me a heart attack." I wheezed.

"Apologies. I didn't mean to frighten you."

"Then why were you leaning over the bed staring at me!" I snapped, my heart still thudding wildly.

"You were asleep. I didn't want to wake you." He said with a casual shrug.

I narrowed my eyes and pursed my lips, biting back the retort I wanted to give.

"So, what are you doing here?" I said instead.

His lips curled up into a small smile, and those beautiful dimples of his flashed, momentarily distracting me.

"I have a surprise for you." His smile widened making my breath hitch.

"Surprise?" I murmured, my eyes wandered around the room searchingly.

He shook his head. "It's not here. You will have to come with me."

I gave him a suspicious look but finally flung the covers off my body and got out of bed.

I heard his sharp intake of breath.

I gave him a questioning look but stopped short when I saw the heated look on his face. His eyes were darker.

He took a step back, his hands clenching into fists.

"You should probably-" His voice was hoarse.

I followed his line of sight as his eyes trailed slowly over my legs.

My bare legs.

It was at that precise moment that I realized that I had decided to sleep in the shirt Sebastian had given me. And although his shirt was long and almost reached my knees I wasn't wearing anything underneath.

"Oh." I said shakily, my throat suddenly dry.

"I'm sorry. I'll just um- go change in the bathroom." I grabbed the first piece of clothing my hands touched from the closet and practically fled to the bathroom.

My cheeks were still burning when I stepped out wearing a black oversized T-shirt, which I had tied at the waist, with a pair of jeans.

Sebastian's face was completely blank when I reached him but there was no missing hint of color on his cheeks. I had to fight my smile. He was flustered.

"So, what exactly is this surprise?" I finally asked.

~~

My eyes must have been the size of saucers.

"Ristorante 12 Apostoli " I read the words carved over the wooden doors of the beautiful brick building we were currently parked in front of.

My mouth fell open and my head whipped in Sebastian's direction who was sitting beside me in the driver's seat looking very pleased with himself.

"I read about this place in my mother's cookbooks!" I felt like my heart was beating a mile a minute. "This is a Michelin Star restaurant!" My voice came out high-pitched.