~23~

"We make our choices,

then our choices make us."

~~

"Sei una cagna sporca di Vitale!" Lucian growled.

You filthy Vitale bitch.

And then he lunged at me.

An involuntary scream of terror left my lips.

I managed to stagger back just in time, his hands missing my neck by centimeters.

He tried to grab me again but I dodged. I rammed my elbow into his chest taking him by surprise and then followed the assault by kicking him in the shin so that he doubled over in pain.

I quickly rushed out of the room, slamming the door shut and locking it behind me before I started running down the hallway towards the staircase.

I had to find Sebastian before Lucian did.

I had to be the one who told him about my father.

The sound of the door banging against the wall harshly filled the hallway. I turned my head just in time to see Lucian storming out, his eyes filled with murderous rage.

I mentally cursed myself.

Of course, he could unlock the door. He had the key. That's how he had gotten into my room in the first place!

I kept running, increasing my speed as much as I could but I could hear the sound of his shoes pounding on the floor behind me. He was catching up.

My heart leaped with relief when I reached the staircase.

Finally.

But just as my feet touched the first step a hand grabbed my elbow. I hissed in frustration as I tried to pry his fingers off me.

"You can't escape," Lucian growled his hand tightening painfully. He gave me a cruel smile, his black eyes gleamed.

And then he twisted my arm back making me lose my balance. His grip on my arm vanished just as my feet slipped. I tumbled down the stairs.

Black dots danced before my eyes as I lay still at the bottom of the staircase.

There was pain.

Blinding pain.

Everything hurt.

There was a weight over my body. Hands around my throat, choking me.

Lucian

Oh my God.

He's going to kill me.

I'm going to die.

The thought raced through my mind.

My hands weakly clawed at his. But it was no use.

I was too tired.

I was defeated.

Suddenly, his weight disappeared from over my body. Lucian's hands were no longer around my neck. I could breathe.

I took in huge gulps of air.

Lucian was on the ground a few feet away from me, his nose bleeding. Sebastian stood over him, his whole body shaking with rage.

"Sebastian," I whispered hoarsely and then winced at the pain I felt when I spoke.

Sebastain's face snapped in my direction. His eyes took in every inch of me. My whole body was bruised and aching.