~15~

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets." - Arthur Miller

WARNING: This chapter might be triggering for some people and has some mature content as well as sensitive topics. If you are not comfortable with such content I would suggest you skip the part between "**"

~~

My eyes opened slowly and I blinked in confusion as I took in the unfamiliar surroundings. The room I was in was plain and bland nothing like the ones in Sebastian's house.

It took me a moment to recall everything that had taken place yesterday.

Sebastian's home had been compromised so we had to move into one of the Alfonsi family's many safe-houses. The one we were currently in was more like a small hotel than a house. Sebastian had chosen adjacent rooms for us to stay in.

The sound of two people arguing suddenly caught my attention, I realized that it was probably what had woken me up. The voices came from Sebastian's room.

"What do you want uncle, why are you here?" I heard Sebastian snap.

"Sai perché sono qui (You know why I'm here)." A cold voice responded.

A chill raced up my spine when I recognized who the voice belonged to.

Lucian's father, the head of the Alfonsi family, the current Don.

Il Demonio.

And Sebastian had just called him uncle!

Sebastian was the nephew of the head of the Alfonsi family.

Which also meant that Lucian and Sebastian were cousins?

"Dov'è la ragazza (Where is the girl)?" The man's cold voice demanded.

My chest tightened in panic. I knew he was talking about me.

"She is of no concern to you." Sebastian spoke in a low voice.

"She is with you, which makes her my concern."  His response was emotionless.

"She passed your test. What more do you want from her? You know that she is loyal." Sebastian gritted out.

The man chuckled. "That test only proved that she is loyal to you not that she isn't a liability to this family."

"She is not a liability." Sebastian cut in.

"Are you sure about that, Sebastian? She is the reason why we lost our contract with Ian, he's been a loyal client for years, up until you threatened to kill him."

"Ian is a scumbag." Sebastian hissed.

His uncle chuckled again, a cruel cackling sound. "That maybe so but he is a scumbag with a lot of money, money he had no trouble putting into our pockets, until your little girlfriend showed up." He paused. "And now your house is compromised because of her. So tell me, do you really believe that she is not a liability?"

"She is not a liability." Sebastian repeated.

"Then prove it. You know what has to be done."

"That is not going to happen." Sebastian's voice rose.

"You have two hours to prepare her."

The door slammed shut and then there was silence

There was a soft knock on the door connecting the two rooms.

"Come in." I called out, I already knew it was Sebastian.

"You heard everything." He said quietly, it was a statement not a question.