~11~

~~

Trigger Warning: Mild description of assault.

If you wish to skip the part, look for '*'

The first night he didn't come home there was a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach but I ignored it. Told myself that something urgent must have come up suddenly. He obviously would not just disappear without saying anything, especially after the kiss we had shared and the things we had told each other.

The second night the feeling only got worse. Anger started crawling its way out. How could he just disappear for two nights in a row without a single word? Didn't I mean more to him than that? The minute he walked through that door I'd give him a piece of my mind.

By the third night, the anger had been replaced with worry. Had I crossed the line by asking him about his personal life? Had I made him uncomfortable? Had I driven him out of his own house? What if he was hurt? What if he needed help?

The fourth night I told myself that I didn't care. He was the one who'd left without a single word. What he did wasn't any of my business. He didn't care about me enough to tell me that he was leaving and I shouldn't care either.

I cried myself to sleep that night.

~~

Exactly one week had passed since Sebastian had left without a word. A part of me had started to believe that maybe he wasn't coming back. Another stupid part of me still hoped.

I sat on the living room couch, sulking. Preparing myself for the inevitable. I knew I had to leave. The thought of leaving without saying goodbye hurt but Sebastian clearly wanted nothing to do with me anymore. I couldn't just keep living in his house.

The sound of the front door unlocking suddenly made my heart rise.

Is he finally back?

My heart quickly sunk however when I saw it was Warren who'd walked in.

I gave him a shaky smile which he didn't return. But I could see that his usually hard eyes were softer than usual and there was a hint of pity in them. Maybe the big guy had a heart after all.

Surprisingly Warren had been coming over more than usual since the past few days. He didn't say much but he kept me company which I was grateful for. I had a feeling that he felt sorry for me which made me feel even more pathetic.

He sat on the chair opposite the couch, he didn't say anything as usual, he just sat there, legs crossed, eyes on his phone.

"I'm leaving." I suddenly blurted. I needed to tell someone.

His eyes snapped to me. He didn't say anything for a moment but then he just shrugged his broad shoulders, his attention going back to his phone.

Ouch.

I sighed, got up from the couch and headed towards the kitchen.

"I'll make you some dinner before I go big guy don't worry. I've also stocked the freezer with the food I made here in my free time, just pop the boxes in the microwave they'll probably last about four days, five if you're not too hungry."

"He is a fool," Warren grunted out the words.

My head whipped in his direction.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

The big man sighed. "He is just being a fool, you should not punish yourself because of him. The temperature outside has dropped below freezing, you will die of cold if not starvation on the streets. You need shelter."