A Soulmate Who Wasn't Meant To Be

(2 weeks later)
KJ has been home in New Zealand, basically spending time with his mom and dad in which he missed dearly over the past six years, clubbing with his sister Timena, and enjoying the serenity and quiet from his home town.

Today was the wedding however. They were having it in Brazil with all of Camila's friends and family, and also Charles' family flew in as well. KJ knew the entire casts of Riverdale were going but how could he go? He can't even look at her and after their last goodbye he doesn't even think he ever wants to feel so broken again. Yet, he was in his old room, moping and listening to sad songs on replay. Brazil is 15 hours earlier than the time of New Zealand, so KJ was basically in his room pacing in the middle of the night knowing by the time he got up she'd be a married woman. He accepted that he wasn't meant to be with her, not in this life but his heart still hurt. His mom Tessa was worried about her 25 year old son, her youngest baby was hurting and there wasn't anything she can do.

About 12am, New Zealand time KJ got a call, he was in the middle of playing Already Gone by Sleeping At Last on his guitar; it was a song that really made him feel everything and nothing all at once. Confused and not at all focused on the caller ID he answered in his usual accent, "Hello."

"K-KJ, hi." The caller responded giving a sigh after her words.
KJ instantly wanted to cry, he knew it was her, he knew from the minute she took her first breath before speaking; he held his breath not wanting her to think anything was wrong. He sat up again his bed post trying to be comfortable because he didn't know what this conversation would entail of.
"I didn't think you would pick up, gosh Kage I need you here with me, I don't think I can get married knowing where we left things." Cami said exasperatedly.

"Cams you can do anything you put your mind to, you know I couldn't be there because of my own selfish reasons but I do need you to listen to me." He forced a smile even though she couldn't see him; he needed some sort of recognition to be brave right now.
"This is what you wanted, and believe me when I say you're the most beautiful bride so you don't need to worry about that." He let out a chuckle in which she graciously did as well, she was in fact blushing at this point knowing that he couldn't even see her yet found a way to easily compliment her. "I know you have your doubts and me not being there can be a reason but I'm not going to stop you from being happy, yes I l-love you but you need to get out there and marry your one true love." He choked out.

"K-KJ, Keneti don't fuck with my feelings right now, because god I swear I-i." Camila was in tears on her wedding day for all the wrong reasons. "I miss you baby boy."
"Cami, deep breaths, we said our goodbyes, but turn to your mirror and really look at yourself, there's my girl without a smile on her face, why?
this is supposed to be the most happiest day of your life, don't waste your tears on me please, I'm okay I'll be okay once you promise me you won't ever cry because of me again." He put on his serious voice, he needed this conversation to finish as soon as possible, and KJ didn't know how to hold up anymore.

"Kage sing something, one more time, please."
You see singing was what brought them together, during their late night rendezvous, he use to sing to her ever so lightly until she fell asleep in his arms. It was one of those nights where he realized he was in love and now she's asking him to open that side of him once more. Was he prepared? No. Was it going to hurt? Yes. Was he going to do it anyways? Absolutely.
He didn't care about his well-being as much as he cared for her.
He started,
"Stranger, that's all I see; when I look into your eyes; a soulmate who wasn't meant to be Stranger, who knows all my secrets; can pull me apart and break my heart; a soulmate who wasn't meant to be."
He finished the chorus and he could hear an inaudible sob and he couldn't help himself but let the two tears that rolled down his face. He was hurt, but he hurt her as well, and he can't live with himself.

"Cami, you have thirty minutes to compose yourself, please don't ruin this day because of me, I'm sorry, this conversation shouldn't have happened so please,
G-go-odbye." And with that he hung up not knowing Cami was legitimately bawling her eyes off needing her best friend, needing her goofy kiwi by her side. How can her special day be happy if he's not with her? Lili, Madelaine and Rachel rushed to her side as she was falling on her knees. She couldn't believe he wasn't there but gosh, she had to get up and walk down the aisles and allow herself to be given away. Which she did.

KJ wept, all the tears that weren't shown over the last two weeks came out, and he slammed his fist on the wall behind his bed, making the pain worse. He sat up properly and the edge of his bed placing his head n his hands and with that his mom came rushing in wondering why was noises coming from his room at this hour. She didn't care if it was invading his privacy; her baby was hurt and needed her support and comfort.
"Mom, she belongs to someone else, and yet I still love her. Why? She's getting married right at this moment. I was supposed to be there for her, and I'm here crying because, because." He fell into his mother's arms unable to speak anymore with her whispering comforting words to him, hoping he relaxes but nothing works, nothing could rest his broken heart knowing that she's out there with her soulmate. "I love her Ma."

Words:1067
A/N: Long chapter was it. I can't help myself when it comes to writing about these two. Tbh most of you might not like this but I'm doing a time jump because you know Cami got married in the au. I do hope you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did, I cried while writing it obviously. I put the song above that he sang to her and well it's sad. I also named the chapter after it. 
Until next time.