Holding On And Letting Go

The rest of the day was fairly simple, Camila had to meet the guests as they gathered in her backyard just to continue paying respects. Both KJ and Camila kept a distance after he comforted her and the cemetery however, he did keep a close eye on her. This was until dawn and everyone left except the girls and the close guys and KJ. They ordered pizza and sat to watch a movie hoping to keep her mind off the events of the past week. She and Charles planned to go on a vacation, just a thought however that no longer can happen nor does she want to think of it. She was sitting in the middle of Lili and Rachel where Cole and KJ placed on the two-seater, Madalaine on the love seat on the lap of Travis and Vanessa and Casey were planted on the air mattress on the floor.

They were looking at American Pie, strictly to laugh and also because it's been a while they all actually sat and enjoyed something. Throughout the movie however, KJ found himself staring at Camila, making sure she was smiling, hoping she was okay but also, admiring how grown she looked, how she got even more beautiful since the last time he saw her. He mentally cursed himself, which made an angry yet confused facial expression grow on his face causing Cole to elbow him worried that something was wrong. He brushed it off, and continued watching the movie.

Afterwards, they ate cupcakes which Lili brought the night before and decided to catch up. One way or the other, they started talking about the past, Riverdale and how much has changed from then. Everyone spoke, except Cami all she can think about was she was alone now, everyone was discussing their plans of kids, Lili and Madelaine and marriage for Casey. She also noticed KJ was also in and out of conversation, she didn't know what was going on in his life, scared to know but also she hoped they'd talk before he left again. She was deep in thought, staring off in a daze until Rachel shook her telling her they all were going to hit the sack. With a nod, everyone got up, except Rachel and Vanessa as they decided they'd share the mattress.

Camila was lying in her bed, the bed she spent the last 2 years sharing with Charles, actually she spent 8 years being married to him. Charles was no more and this was her life, she didn't know if she can move on, did she want to move on? There were so many questions and she didn't know how to do it alone, no one should be alone but it was her she wished something could have prepared her for this day. The tears started falling, and she couldn't stop them, it was a build up from everything.

KJ had made a quick stop to the bathroom before going to bed and that was when he heard the muffled sounds coming from Camila's room. He didn't want to pry however he can't leave her there.

Whose idea was it to leave her alone now?

He knocked gently, hoping she'd hear and answer. He did hear a tired "Come in" which he allowed himself to go in.

Peeking through the door, he said, "Hi," making his was to her bed when she raised her head to see him.

Camila didn't want it to be him, the guy she always left but was always there for her. The surrounding where quiet except for her heavy breathing and she scooted over giving him space to sit with her. He did.

"What's up?" she looked up smiling at him.

With a small smile, "You don't have to pretend with me," as he wiped he teary cheeks, afraid she pull away.

Even with years with no communication he knew her better than anyone, and that was when she broke, grabbing onto him she cried, hard. She found it hard to believe that she ended up alone at such an early period in her life.
He wrapped his arms around her, and kissed her head delicately whispering to her, "Don't worry, you'll be okay, everything will eventually fall in place and in the end you'll be okay."

KJ felt he embrace tightened, he tried tilting his head trying to see her face.
 How was she still beautiful when she's a mess?

God KJ she just lost her soulmate don't fuck this up like you always do. She was your best friend, now you don't know so just try to be there for her.

"I'mnotthe only one," she quickly said.
KJ didn't catch anything she said, so he asked her to repeat hoping she would.

"He didn't just leave me Kage."
She responded pulling away fully to look into his eyes seeing that he was still confused she added,

"I'm pregnant."

Words: 819

A/N: Please don't attack me, as you can tell I can't ever let them be happy, yet :( 
Like there'll be happy and then drama. Hope you all stick around. Not too sure when the next update will be. Vote and give me feedback on what you want to see and I'll see if it fits the plot I am going for :)