Apologize

Throughout the months, both KJ and Camila were happy together. They were together, not publicly but it was for them and that was all that mattered. They created a routine of making breakfast together, going out or maybe having a home-cooked lunch and well movie nights, date nights all fell in place. On mornings she would be seated on the countertops of the kitchen watching a shirtless KJ work his magic on preparing breakfast while she constantly teases his good looks and how hot it is seeing him cook up his favorite chocolate chip pancakes. KJ was still shy, yet he loved the attention and smiles she gave him on a day to day basis since it was just them in her big house. No one knew of them except Cole and Lili, in whom they had double dates with, while they also came over for occasional movie nights.

Everything was going smoothly until one night, a night that changed everything for them. Camila woke up at 1 am, screaming in pain with contractions, she was only 28 weeks pregnant and was terrified. Her screams woke KJ up who was sprawled out next to her in deep sleep and he ran to get dressed and also pick some comfy clothes for her as she told him immediately they needed to go to the hospital. While doing all those tasks he also found a space to message Lili telling her of the problem. He sped to the hospital where Camila started bleeding and crying where the doctors rushed and took her away from him. Of all the things that happened in KJ's life he was most scared at this moment. He was not sure what was happening as it all happened so fast. During the rushed car ride, Cami had uttered that she just wanted to save her baby, nothing else mattered to her. Hours passed and Cole and Lili joined KJ in the waiting area, all were stressed and KJ was stressed.

Her doctor approached, "Camila Mendes." They all stood to wait for any information. All KJ grasped from what was said that there was a low chance of Cami surviving had they chosen to save the baby, which she instructed. With tears in his eyes, "Save her, do anything but save Camila." He knew it was selfish but he had just gotten her back after so many years, he wasn't going to lose her again. Cole and Lili stood behind unable to keep their own tears at bay at how broken KJ really was as they just nodded at the doctor. KJ sat down, head in hands and said, "I can't lose her, after all these years I felt loved by the only one I ever loved, she can't leave me," as a loud sob came from beneath his throat, as Cole grabbed him in an embrace.
Many, many hours after the surgery she was asleep, they allowed KJ to go in as Lili said they'll wait until she's awake. The baby could not be saved and that was what they all were afraid of. He walked in seeing a sleeping conscious girl on the hospital bed and couldn't help but admit she's an angel sent just for him. The bump was no longer there and he couldn't resist touching her now flat stomach as he sat next to her bed. "I'm sorry Mila, my love I couldn't let them take you away from me. You may hate me but at least you're here and alive," as he squeezed her hands softly. Her eyelids batted slightly as he was greeted with her soft brown eyes shining up at him. With a small smile she reached out to touch his face and pull him into a sweet short peck, causing him to smile at her trying his best not to get an emotional shock that she isn't yelling at him. But then she didn't know or notice that she's n longer pregnant. That bright smile faded when she rested her hands on her now flat stomach, tears filling her eyes by the millisecond as she looked at him betrayed. 

Words: 688

A/N: My KJMILA heart always breaks when writing this but I love angst so I apologize ;). There will be a happy ending I promise but there will be a wait and I'm sorry. University is tough and I underestimated the amount of work it would have been this semester. Finals are here and then I'm off to vacation so it looks like I won't be updating for a long while. So sorry, until next time. :)

Already Gone - Kjmilaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें