Yellow Lights

As days passed, everyone going back to their lives and their work leaving Camila alone, everyone except KJ. He was the only one that knew she was pregnant right now and he wants to stay to make sure she's okay. Within the last two day everyone had a few game nights and movie marathons going on brunches etc.

When the rest left, Camila went back into her room, lost in her thoughts on what she should do in preparation of the next 8.5 months ahead. She had a few appointments here and there, but she had no idea on how she was going to do this alone, yes, her mom can come at certain times but she didn't want to be a bother at all to anyone. Here she is, feeling lonely alone while she sits on her bed, looking at her wedding photo framed on her night stand. She's a widow carrying his baby, with all their future already planned out, now everything is squashed.

KJ had just woken up because he spent all night trying to work on a song, he knew everyone left so it was just him and her. His original plan was to leave the day after the funeral, but no matter what, he knew he would stay behind for her. After brushing his teeth and taken a warm shower he was walking downstairs to prepare some breakfast when he glimpsed her on her bedside with her head hung low. His heart ached for her, he wished that he could easily slip in the room and be there, holding her, telling her he will always be there for her, but then again his only wish was for her to want him back, despite how much hurt she caused him by her side is where he wanted to be.

Camila raised her head slightly feeling that someone was watching her. Both caught each other's gaze until KJ shied away, still not moving. She wiped her tear stained face and walked up to him, just a couple inches away, "Thanks for being here, thanks for coming, I don't know when you're planning to go." She looked up at him with a sad smile. "Well I thought that I might spend a couple more days, the place helps me write lyrics," he answered her, with a short pause he added, "And I thought I might stay to see how you are if that okay." Her eyes glistened again, "That's perfect actually," as she embraced him.

He felt like he could breathe again, as he wrapped his arms around her slightly, softly. "Then I'll stay as long as you'll have me."

"Why are you still so nice to me, I've been a monster to you for so long," she questioned as she lifted her head from his chest to get a view of his soft face.
Bending slightly to catch her eyes better, "Regardless of what you did or what I did, I'm here for you, because I care about you, a-a lot," lifting his left hand to ghost her hairline in a calming manner, "I hope you know that, whatever you need or whenever you need me, I'll be there waiting for you." 

They stood there, on the top of her staircase, his back against the banister with her in his arms, both had soft smiles on their faces. 

Words:560

A/N: So my vacation is over, but university starts soon so I'll be in and out with this book, I apologize for you all having to wait. I've decide that I'll finish this book first before continuing my other one. But besides all that drama, I hope you all enjoy and stick around :) Keep voting and commenting.