Pieces

Weeks passed, KJ still lived with Camila in hopes that she would forgive him and he would have his best friend back. Her parents flew back to spend time with her but obviously left due to work-related issues. Taking Cami home from the hospital was the hardest thing KJ ever had to do not because she was crying and yelling, as a matter of fact, she hasn't looked at him after the confession that she was no longer a mother. He isolated himself and stayed away from her giving her time to heal. Camila, on the other hand, didn't know how to react, as just a year ago she lost her supposed soulmate and now she lost the only connection she had to her late husband and it hurt as her child was the only thing she was looking forward to. Everything was quiet until it wasn't.

"So you aren't gonna talk to me, I'm just going to be here taking up space without you even taking a chance to spare me a glance." KJ finally spoke up one morning as they both were preparing their separate dinners. Both had a stressful day, Camila was back in the business doing some sponsorship while KJ was back on recording new songs for his upcoming album. She didn't even respond, grabbing her meal and off to the living room. "Fuck," he murmured silently as he rushed behind her. He waited until she placed her food down before grabbing her gently in order to be face to face and boy did he not expect for his heart to race off the way it did. This is the first time in weeks had he looked her in the eyes, had he been this close to her.
"Don't touch me, don't touch me you murderer!" she screamed, tears already streaming down her face and she struggled to get out of his hold. He purposely went against her will and now she could never hold her child, she could never have the title of a mother. With widen eyes filled with tears she yelled, "I hate you." Instantly regretting it but didn't know how to take it back. He fell on his knees, with praying hands begging her for forgiveness.
"I couldn't lose you to death Camila, nothing would have made sense in life to me if my word would have led you to the grave," he struggled out while tears rolling down his face now covered with a slight beard. Slowly dipping his head to face the floor, "But this is so much worse, having you here, seeing you every day and not being able to talk to you, not being able to hold you in this time, I also lost her you know she wasn't mine but you knew how much I loved her, how much I was going to love." He threw himself forward gripping both her legs bawling his eyes out because it hurt, he loved her baby so much.

Cami's Flashback
About two months prior to her miscarriage, she was woken up by his soft voice, "Good morning baby." Slowly peeking she realized it wasn't her he was speaking to, as his face was next to her baby bump as he rubbed it gently. "You know I may not be your biological father but I would love you just as much and maybe more than he would've had he been here" he whispered whilst peppering her stomach with soft kisses. "I love your mom so much it's bad for my health but I would risk it all just to be with her, I want to spend the rest of my life with her if she'll let me and if so I promise to love you both for the rest of my life and be the best father to you and if we're blessed wit--." After he uttered those words she knew she had to fake waking up in fear that he found out she heard everything. She spent the rest of that morning in his arms. She didn't deserve him yet he was here, he loved her and was promising to love her daughter the same, how could she not love him back.

Present Time

Camila knelt and took KJ in her arms, both were a mess at that moment but they knew they had each other. She still had resent knowing that her child was supposed to be in her arms, but right now she needed the comfort just as much as KJ needed it. Through his tears, he still murmured how much he loves her.
"I love you so much, and I'm so sorry I couldn't lose you a 4th time," as he buried his face further in the crook of her neck. "There's no one else for me and no matter what you say or what you do I will always just love you," pulling away he placed an affirmative kiss to her lips hoping this acts as a vow to love her for the rest of his life.

"I love you too KJ"

These two cried and comforted each other all night long, something that should've been done a long time ago, but will Camila ever forgive him completely, she doesn't know.

Words:877

A/N It's been a while I know, but life got crazy with school. Now I'm off for a month due to the Ocvid-19 outbreak however I still have assignments and midterms to stress about. I do hope you all enjoy this chapter,  more angst and a happy ending soon. Until next time. :) NOT PROOF READ