Chapter 3

rewrite

-Mike's POV-

"Can I have some of your pudding?" Dustin asks y/n. She reaches across the table. 012. "What's on your arm?!" I ask as I grab her hand. She rips her hand away. "Ever heard of personal space?" She asks rudely and walks off. Max follows her and I follow Max. I wait outside the girls bathroom for them.

-Y/n POV-

"What is that y/n?" Max asks. "It's just a stupid tattoo, Max. I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about it." I say. "Well I won't pressure you, but will you tell me eventually?" She asks. I nod. "Alright. Let's go back out." She says. Max walks out first and I walk out second. I shoulder check Mike, who was standing outside the girls bathroom like a little creep, on my way out. "What the fuck is that?" Mike asks following us. "I'll explain later." I say walking back to the table. "No explain now." Mike says. I push my chair back to the table harshly and pull my backpack onto my shoulder. "I said later! Jesus Wheeler, can you not take no for an answer?!" I say loudly. The lunchroom goes silent. "Fine. My house after school?" Mike asks. I nod and I walk out of the lunchroom.
-/-
I walk to Mike's house after school. I knock on the door and Mike answers, he pulls me into the house. "Hurry." He says and quickly goes down the stairs and I slowly follow him. Everyone is there, including two guys I don't know. "Show them." Mike says. I roll up my sleeve and show Nancy and the two other boys. They gasp. "What're your powers?" Lucas asks. "I honestly don't know. I was put into the lab when I was a newborn but taken out when I was five because they were scared I would overtake them." I say. "Wait. How do you guys know about the lab?" I ask. "There was this girl that we met. Her name was El." Dustin says. "Eleven? Where is she? Is she okay?" I ask
"We don't know where she is and we don't know if she's okay." Mike says. "She disappeared after defeating the Mind Flayer." Will says. "Shadow Monster?" I ask. "Uh, yeah." Will says. I've had dreams about that. "You guys should all stay here tonight, there's a lot to talk about. I'll call everyone's parents." Nancy says. Everyone agrees.
-/-
After talking for hours we all decided to sit down and take a break. Mike turns on "Never Ending Story" and when the song comes on everyone turns to Dustin. I yawn and lay my head on Max's shoulder.

-Mike's POV-

I turn on "Never Ending Story" just to get everyone's mind off of this crazy shit for a second. How the hell did the lab just..let her go? It doesn't make sense to me. She has to be lying about something. A weight is pressed on my shoulder that pulls me out of my thoughts. I look to my right and see y/n on my shoulder. Of fucking course. I try to stay still but I eventually give up and just pass out.

-Y/n POV-

The shadow circles me in a field. It circles around and around and I feel like I'm in the center of a tornado. The black shadow forcefully goes into my mouth and nose.

I wake up gasping and coughing, and I start crying. Mike wakes up. "Jesus, uh, are you okay?" He asks. I continue to choke and cough. Mike stands up and brings me to my feet. "You need the Heimlich remover?" He asks. I shake my head. "Water?" He asks. I nod and follow him to the kitchen. He pours me some water and hands it to me. I gulp it down and wipe my eyes. "It's maneuver." I say. "What?" Mike asks. "It's Heimlich maneuver. You said remover." I say matter-of-factly. Mike scoffs and rolls his eyes. "I just saved your life, nows not the time to be smart with me." He says. I shrug. "Just sayin." Mike shakes his head. "Anyways, what the hell was that? Choke on your spit?" He asks. I scoff "I didn't choke on my spit. It was just a stupid nightmare." I say. Mike points his thumb up to his room. "Wanna sleep in my room? I don't want you to wake everyone up if you have another one." He says. "Inviting me to your room already? Goodness, I'm flattered." I joke and walk up the stairs. Mike shows me to his room and I lay on his bed. "Be sure to lay on your side, y'know, so you don't choke and die." He says. I laugh a little but roll my eyes. "You're insufferable Wheeler."