Chapter 8

-rewrite-

after the game of spin the bottle, everyone settled down and eventually went to bed.

i wake up and everything around me is dark. the floor beneath me is wet, but it's nothing but pitch black.

i turn to my left and see a sign.

WELCOME TO DERRY

i quickly whip back around and i see will floating. "will! will!" i scream, as i jump up to grab him. he's just out of my reach.

a tunnel appears and i follow it. it looks like a sewer pipe. i turn a corner and see a group of kids walking infront of me. six boys and one girl. "help!"

and then everything goes dark.

i wake up and look around but everyone was gone. "mike? max? will?" i ask. i slowly stand up and go up the stairs.

i begin to shout everyone's name loudly. hairs stand up on the back of my neck and i turn around. i see it. something so sinister you can only call it by It.

it's a clown. a white face. a red nose. and two red lines dragging from its eyes down to its sinister smile.

it slowly stalks towards me. coming from about ten feet away. it's smile grows wider. "you can't stop me..y/n." and then it sprints at me

i shoot up out of my sleep in a cold sweat. i immediately begin to cry, and goosebumps cover my body.

mike wakes up next to me, and eventually everyone else does.

"y/n? what's wrong?" dustin asks, as he comes to my side. "i...i need a pen and paper." i choke out.

mike runs to grab my what i need, and brings it back in a hurry. i write down everything i can remember.

'WELCOME TO DERRY'

"derry's the next town over." max says. "yeah my cousin lives there." mike says.

'a group of kids, six boys and one girl'

'richie, eddie, bill, stanley, mike, ben, and beverley'

"that's my cousins name.."

'will floating'

"floating? what do you mean floating?" will asks. "you were lifted into the sky, your eyes were pure white, and all the color had drained from your face." i say.

'clown'

"clown. what... what does that mean?" lucas asks. "there's was a clown. it said i couldn't stop it." i say. "stop what.. what does that mean y/n?!" lucas asks.

"i don't know!" i say. "i need to call richie." mike says. "you're supposed to know these things y/n." lucas says. "well sorry i'm not fucking sherlock holmes."

"rich, you and your little friend group need to come to hawkins asap...... i just know! okay?! trust me man." i hear mike say.

"it's coming to hawkins."