Chapter 5

rewrite

-Mike's POV-

I take the long way home on my ride back from school. I drive passed the woods we found El. I hope she's safe, wherever she is. My train of thought switches from El to y/n. I think I like her. I just can't tell. She's too much like El. She's gonna get hurt. She's gonna hurt us, tear this group apart, just like El did. I let my bike fall to the ground as I walk into my house. We just need to shut her out. There's a knock at the front door and I open it. It's y/n. "What." I say, not opening the door all the way. "Hi Mike, I was wondering if you wanted to work on homework together?" She asks. "Not really." I say. "Ohh, uh okay." She says and awkwardly looks down. "Yeah, you should probably leave." I say. "Did I do something?" She asks. "No, you're just weird. I don't like being around you. I don't think you should be in the friend group anymore." I say. She stays silent. "Just stay away from us." I say. "Cool, that's great." She walks away.

I couldn't sleep, and apparently neither could y/n.

-Y/n POV-

I sit on my balcony all night. There was literally nothing else I could do. It's either sit out in the cold or break my fucking room, so this is obviously the better option. Mike's such a fucking dick. What the fuck is wrong with him. I look over and see him looking out his window. I shut his blinds. Whatever. I'm just glad I don't have to be near that prick anymore.

-/-

Max waves me over to the lunch table and I reluctantly sit. Mike was the only one not talking. "Hold up, can someone tell Mike to stop being such an ass and just talk." I say. "Can someone tell y/n to just leave me alone and stop being a bitch?" Mike says. "Fine. Tell Mike he can go back to his perfect little life without me in it." I say and stand up. I sit down at the nearest table available, which happens to be Troy's. "Just couldn't get enough of me could you?" He asks. I roll my eyes and slump back in my chair while crossing my arms. "Something like that." I mumble.