21

Today was sad, a lot of tears were involved. This time mine were for El as well. We all knew we would be back in Illinois sometime next year but it was still sad to leave. I gave Will a big hug. "I'll miss you." He says. "I'll miss you to Will." I tell him. I give El a hug and she smiles at me. "See you soon." She says. I give Joyce a big hug. "Bye kiddo." She says. Jonathan gives me an awkward side hug.

"Goodbye Byers!" We all say as we leave the house. Karen came and picked us up. Her car had two rows. Dustin Lucas and Max sat in the first row, and Mike and I sat in the second.
(Some of these songs are going to be recent but act like they're from the 80's ok? Ok.)
We listened to the radio for most of the time until I fell asleep on Mike. I woke up to a certain song playing, The Night We Met. I hate this song it always makes me cry.

"Take me back to the night we met."

I think back on when Mike and I first met.

"Hi I'm y/n, you're next door neighbor." I say. "Why are you even here?" He asks coldly. "Your mom told me to come introduce myself but if you don't want me to be here I can leave." I say. "Ok then, bye." He says.

I tear rolls down my cheek. I raise my hand up to wipe it but Mike beats me to it. "Are you okay?" He asks me. "Yeah this song just gets to me." I say smiling. He gives me a quick kiss before yelling to his mom, "Can we change the song?" He asks. "Sure sweetie!" She yells back. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen comes on and we all belt it. Karen just shakes her head and laughs at us. I hold up an invisible microphone for Mike and I and we sing into it. Mike looks at me, I've never seen this look before, it's a look of complete adoration. He grabs my chin and pulls me into a kiss. I smile into the kiss. When the song ends I fall asleep on Mike again listening to the song IDFC by Blackbear.

When I wake up we're already in Hawkins. We drop the rest of them off and then ride to our house since we're neighbors. "Hey y/n? Where y/m/n I haven't seen her in a while?" Karen asks. "Oh, her and my dad are on some business trip together." I tell her. She nods and pulls up to her driveway. I look over to my yard and see Troy by my front door. I get out of the car and wave goodbye to Mike. "What're you doing here?" I ask him. "Where were you? You didn't tell me you were going anywhere. Were you with that wheeler kid?" Troy asks demandingly. "Um, I was in Illinois and yes I was with Mike. I didn't think that I needed to tell you every bit of my life." I say crossing my arms. "I thought you went missing." He says. He leans in. "Like that Zombie boy." He whispers. "Troy you know those guys are my bestfriends, could you lay off?" I ask. "I'm your bestfriend y/n!" Troy says. "Troy get off your high horse and get out of here." I tell him. He leaves. I look over at the Wheelers house and see Mike watching me. I shrug and go inside my house. I sigh and walk upstairs. Who does Troy think he is? Showing up at my house and acting all "I'm your bestfriend" blah blah blah. I see a light shining through my window. I see Mike with his window down and a flashlight in his hand. I open my window. "What do you want wheeler?" I ask. "I want to see you." He pouts. "We saw eachother like five minutes ago." I say. "Pleeeeaaasseee." He whines. "Fine I'm coming!" I say smiling. I walk out of my room and shut the window with my powers. Mike meets me in my front yard. He gives me a big kiss. He grabs my hand and we run to his house. "Hi Mrs. Wheeler!" I say. "Back so soon?" She says jokingly as we run to the basement. "Ok. I was thinking we could watch a movie." Mike says as I sit on the couch. I shrug and say sure. "Heathers! Put on heathers!" I say. He laughs and gets the tape out of a box.

When he puts the movie on he basically leaps into the couch. I snuggle up next to him. "Grow up Heather bulimia is so eighty-seven." I quote. "You're such a nerd." He says. "You're an even bigger nerd." I say. "Oh really?" He asks. "Yup you're the biggest nerd I've ever met wheeler-" Mike crashes his lips onto mine and pulls me into his lap. He slips his tongue in my mouth. I pull away. "We're missing the movie." I say smiling. "Yyyy/nnnn." Mike whines. I get off of his lap and back on to my place on the couch. JD comes on screen. "Look at him!!! Oh my god he's hot." I say. "Is that so?" Mike asks. "Well I mean you're hotter but he's pretty hot." I say. Mike crosses his arms. "Oh someone's getting jealous aren't they." I say messing up his hair. "Only for you my love." He says. I smile and kiss him. "Our love is god." I quote smirking.