Chapter 6

rewrite

After getting to know Troy for a solid week, he's actually not the worst person imaginable. Although he has tried to kiss me every single day, it's still better than being around Mike. I always see him looking at us, like he's jealous or something.

I've had this reoccurring dream for the past few weeks now, and I've decided it's time to tell the party about it.

I walk over to their lunch table. "We need to talk after school, something bad is happening." I say. "My house after school?" Will asks. Almost everyone nods in agreement. "Count me out." Mike says. "Good, no one wanted you there anyways." I say and walk back to Troy.

-/-

When I show up to Will's everyone is there, even Mike which is surprising. "I've been having the same dream over and over and over again lately. Something bad is coming to Hawkins, something really bad." I explain. "Well what's the dream like?" Lucas asks. "It's dark, and cold for a while. Then two yellow eyes open wide, and two arms reach out towards me. The arms get closer, and closer. I can't move though, I just have to stand there and let it grab me." I say. "And that's all." I add. I tear up a bit and Max rubs my shoulder. Mike grabs my arm and brings me into another room. "Is that the nightmare you had the other night?" He asks. I nod. "Why didn't you fucking tell me?" He asks. "Because you told me to stay away and, unlike you," I push his hand off of me." I respect boundaries."

-30 minutes later-

"Mike, truth or dare?" Dustin asks. We had started a game of truth or dare to lighten the mood. "Dare." Mike says. "I dare you toooo."