22

i wake up before mike and decide to just walk home. as i'm walking to my house my walkie goes off. "hey y/n do you copy?" dustin says through the walkie. "yes dusty i copy." i say. "do you want to go to starcourt?" he asks me. "sure! meet up at the store joyce worked at?" i ask. "sure around 12 ok?" he says. "ok. over and out." i say.

my mom and dad had left around 400 dollars for me. i grab 100 incase dustin wants anything, i plan on buying an outfit. i put on some jean shorts (like the ones max wears in the starcourt scene) and a long sleeve blue and white striped shirt. i check the time and see that's it's 11:45

i walk outside and see ted working in the yard as i leave.

"hey dustybun." i smile and say. "you need to stop calling me that." dustin says laughing. "let's hurry up so we harrington." i say. "we should get it to a movie." dustin says. i nod

~~~

"henderson!" steve says. they laugh and do their handshake. "do you think you can get us into Scream?" dustin asks. "shit, i've been wanting to see that movie for a while, we aren't very busy so we can just close the shop and we can all see it!" robin says. steve shrugs. "sounds good to me." he says.

~~~

"ok i'm never letting you take me to the movies again." i tell dustin as we walk back into Scoops. "whyyy." dustin whines. "that was scary!" i say. "oh come on, i'll buy you ice cream." dustin says. "ok but we have to hurry i brought a lot of money to go buy clothes." i tell him.

~~~

"ok how about this one?" i ask dustin while i walk out of the dressing room. "it's perfect, just like the last one and the last one and the last one." dustin tells me. i count up all of the outfits and it's $80. "ok so i have $20 do you want anything?" i ask dustin. he shakes his head. "thank you though." he says smiling. we got to check out. "aww such a cute couple." the cashier tells us. "no! oh no no." "yeah no she's yeah no." "we're not..i'm dating his bestfriend." "yeah yeah we're just friends." we say flustered. "oooook." the cashier says not convinced and she stars to ring up my clothes. i look down and blush. "that'll be 80 dollars and fifty five cents." the cashier says. i hand her the money and dustin and i leave.

"that was. um." dustin says. "weird and we will not speak of it." i say. dustin nods and we leave.

"that was fun dustin thank you for inviting me." i say as we get to joyce's old shop. i give him and hug and start to walk home. i put all my stuff up and i grab my skateboard. maybe i should go see will- nevermind he lives in Illinois. Max would be fun to hang out with.
(we gon pretend billy is not dead ok? ok)
i skate up to their driveway and knock on their door. billy answers the door and my face automatically gets hot. "hi- um is um max here?" i ask flustered. i have always thought billy was attractive but i know he's a dick. he smiles down at me. "yes she's here do you want to come in?" he asks me. i nod and walk past him. "i didn't quiet catch your name." billy says. "oh, it's y/n." i say smiling. "i'm going to go to max's room." i add and walk away. i knock on her door. i hear her get up. "billy how many time- oh hi y/n." max says. she grabs my arm and pulls me into her room. "billy has been soooo annoying all day, was he rude to you?" max asks. "no not really." i tell her. "strange." she says.

"you should spend the night!" max tells me. "sounds fun! my parents are out on a business trip so i don't even have to ask!" i tell her smiling.

~~~

"ok neil and i are going out tonight so billy is incharge, please behave." susan says. "yes ma'am." we say. as they leave the house billy turns to us. "you heard them, i'm in charge. i'm having a girl over. don't bother me." bill says.  "aye yi caption." i say mocking him and saluting him. "and don't mock me." he says rolling his eyes. "ok come on y/n!" max says dragging me to her room.

about 30 minutes into the night we hear 'happy screams'. "i'm literally going to throw up." i say. "me to. can you do that thing that el can, like she can see what people are doing." max asks. "yeah i can! who do you want to spy on?" i ask. "let's do will!" max says. "ok ok turn your tv to static and give me a blind fold." i say smiling. max does what she's supposed to.

will and el dance around the house and sing should i stay or should i go "el and will are singing and dancing." the song comes to an end and will just looks into el's eyes. he slowly pulls her in and kisses her. "he just kissed her! will just kissed el!" i yell. max covers my mouth. "shhhh billy said to be quite!" she says. i pull off the blindfold and i start laughing. "that fucking stud!" i say.

~~~

whoever billy had over left. max and i decided to go to bed since it was nearing two am. "just so you know i'm wearing your clothes in the morning and since you always wake up at like one in the afternoon do you want me to stay here or go home." i tell her. "you can stay and you always wear my clothes." max says.

~~~

when i woke up and threw some of max's ! on and her (iconic) striped shirt. i looked at myself in her mirror while i brushed out my hair. i walk into their kitchen and to the fridge. i hear footsteps walking into the kitchen. "i didn't expect you to be up- oh it's just you." i say turning around and seeing billy. i grab milk and chocolate syrup out of the fridge and close the door. "you have a lot of fun last night?" i ask with a disgusted face. "actually no. stacy isn't that good." billy says. i start to stir in the syrup. "really becuase all i heard was 'oh billy! oh my god billy!" i say mockingly. "it's fucking disgusting! you're disgusting! do you ever sleep, seriously you were up till like three am!" i say. "no actually i don't can't you tell." he says pointing to his face. "no actually i can't." i say taking a sip of my chocolate milk. " so you're calling me attractive?" billy asks cockily. my eyes go wide and i sit down my cup. "um no! i was just saying you don't look tired. you're like graduating next year billy i'm barely a freshman." i say. he puts his hands up in defense.

"do you guys have anything to cook around here, well anything to bake i can't cook for shit." i say turning around. "we have cookie dough in the garage freezer." billy says. i walk outside to get it. "ok can you grab me a pan and some like grease spray like pan grease." i say as i walk back into the kitchen.

~~~

"billy can you take us to the arcade?" max asks. "why should i." billy says. "pleeeaaaassseeee." we say. "fine get in my car." he says.

"i better not see you hang out with that sinclair kid." billy says as we pull up to the arcade . "grow up." i say rolling my eyes. "what did you just say to me?" billy asks. "i said grow the fuck up it's the 80's not the 50's keep up with the times bill." i say rudely. "just get out." billy says glaring at me.