Chapter 13

the next day at school, i walk in with troy and his group. my friends stare at me in disbelief as troy wraps his arm around my shoulder.

i look over at mike and he looks hurt, troy noticed and tightens his grip, making me look to the floor

-lunch-

i look over to mike as he pokes at his food. i slowly stand up. "where you going y/n?" troy asks. "no where." i say.

i walk over to my old table. "i'm coming to your house after school. we gotta talk." i tell mike. mike just nods and doesn't look up from his plate.

i walk back to troy and he grabs my hand. "what was that about?" he asks. "let go." i say. troy squeezes my hand tighter. "troy! my hand!" i say.

"what was that about y/n." troy says. "let go of my hand right now before i break your arm." i say. "i'd like to see you try." troy says. "meet me at the quarry after school." i say. troy smirks and lets go of my hand. "fine." he says.

-school ends-

i meet mike after school. "we gotta make a quick pit stop." i say. "what?" "just follow me." i say.

mike and i silently walk to the quarry. when we get there troy had already been waiting for us.

"i see you brought pea brain with you." troy says. "i'd watch my mouth if i were you." i say. "what're you gonna do. hit me?" troy asks.

"you first." i say. "i'd never hit a girl." i say. "fine." i slap him across the face and he shoves me back. "awww what happened to the i like you y/n." i say.

troy shoves me to the ground. "hey! don't touch her!" mike says. troy punches make in the face and james goes behind him and restrains his arms.

"either you date me or we make his life hell." troy says. "you already have troy. but i have a better idea." i say.

i walk up to troy and i put my hand on his cheek. troy leans into kiss me but i push him away. "stay away from my friends and i." i say.

i lift my hand out in front of me and troy begins to slowly levitate. after he's a couple inches off of the ground i drop him.

james let's go of mike and i walk over to him. "come on." i say. "that was cool as shit." mike says as we begin to run off. i smile at him and he looks away.

we go into mike's house and down to the basement. "so.." he says. "let's just forget about the whole troy thing." i say. mike let's out a sigh of relief. "sounds perfect." he says. the phone rings upstairs.

"mike! it's for you! it's richie!" nancy yells down to us.