Chapter 14

{rewrite}

"it's beverly... the clown got her."

mike gives me a scared look. i quickly run to his walkie-talkie and i channel everyone.

we bike to derry. not even sure what we're up against. everyone's scared. you could cut the tension with a knife.

when we finally get to neibolt we throw our bikes down. bill leads his group with confidence, eddie throws his fannie pack, and richie smashes a bottle to make a weapon but fails miserably.

my group gives eachother a scared but encouraging look, then we all walk into the house.

the dust in the air makes me cough when we enter. "stan?" eddie asks turning around.

we all turn and see stan waiting outside.

"stan we all have to go. beverley was right, if we split up like last time that clown will kill us one by one. if we stick together," bill's eyes scan across everyone in the room, "all of us, we'll win."

stan reluctantly steps into the house and we continue our journey.

we walk down to the well. "hey eds, gotta quarter?" richie asks. "wouldn't want to make a wish in that fucking thing." eddie says as we all peer our flashlights down the well.

it looks bottomless.

"beverly!" ben calls out. the only reply is his own echo.

"how're we supposed to get down there?" lucas asks. i look around and find a rope. i nudge bill and shine the flashlight at it. he nods and grabs the rope.

max and mike hanlon tie the rope. mike wheeler tosses the bottom end down the well. dustin tugs on the rope to make sure it's steady.

bill is the first to climb down. lucas and mike hanlon steady the rope as he descends. eddie follows bill. i go next, then mike, max, ben, lucas, will, richie, dustin, and then stan.

as we all wait for mike hanlon to come down we hear a yelp of pain. we look up the well and yell for mike.

i gasp as i see a boy with blood on his face peek over the well. "bowers." richie says. "mike." eddie whimpers.

bowers sinisterly makes sheep noises as he looks down at us. he quickly grabs the rope and pulls it up the well.

ben tries to grab it but almost falls in.

we all continue to yell for mike.

"fuck. we're so fucked." stan says. i shake my head. i slowly lift my hand up and i bring the rope back down the well.

we hear bowers talk to mike. "y/n let me go." bill says. i climb onto the rope. "you can't overpower a deranged teenager bill." i say as i begin to climb as fast as i can.

there's a struggle between mike and bowers.

when i reach the top of the well bowers has a gun pointed to mike's head. i muster up all of my strength and i lift bowers off of mike.

i slam bowers against a wall before giving mike a look. mike nods and i place bowers just infront of the well. mike yells and runs at him, he pushes bowers down the well with all of his strength. bowers screams as he goes down.

mike walks up to me and shakes my hand. we peer down the well. "i'm okay.." mike says. mike tries to load the gun but ends up dropping some of the ammo. "shit."

"it's okay mike. go down."

i descend after mike. the group begins to yell for stan so i move quickly.