26

"go to your cell number 12." papa says. "no." i say. "12." he says. "no! you are not strong enough! to beat me." i tell him. he walks over to me but i stop him and use my powers to choke him. "f-fine!" he chokes out. i let him go. i run past him and out of the door. i don't stop until i reach the end of the woods.

i shoot up from my sleep but i'm quickly pulled back down by a bunch of wires. mike quickly gets up from his chair. "y/n my love. oh my god i'm so happy you're awake." mike says and grabs my hand. "what the hell?" i ask looking at all the wires. "you passed out. your nose started bleeding like you were using your powers." mike says. "well i'm fine now let me out of this." i say. "i'll get a doctor." mike says. i sit up and try to make myself look better. "dustin." i say trying to wake him up. he slowly opens his eyes but quickly jumps up to walk over to me. "y/n." dustin says and grabs my hand. "i thought you were gone.i thought i lost you." dustin says and he cries. "i'm sorry this is so embarrassing." he says. "no it's not, i mean i probably look horrible." i tell him. "no. you look beautiful. like always." he says. "dustin," i grab his other hand, "i love you, you know that right, but. i can't love you the way i love mike." i tell him. he looks down. "i know, i just really, really wish you would." he says. he looks up at me and softly kisses me. he slowly pulls away and just looks down. "dustin." i say. a doctor walks in. i don't recognize him but they told me he was a worker at the lab. "you should be good to go soon kiddo." the doctor tells me. "do you know what happened?" i ask. "well we called the labs outside of hawkins and almost every living patient that was tested on before they were set free had that happen to them." the doctor says. "el." i say. "we just have to remove the IV and then you're free to go." the doctor says.

-:-

"i was so scared." dustin explains to us. "i didn't know what to do so i just called for my mom, we rushed you to the hospital and i called everyone while my mom got a nurse." dustin says. "i'm so sorry." i say. mike rubs my shoulder. i lean into him. "no," dustin looks down avoiding looking at mike and i. "it's not your fault." dustin says. "we should call will and see how they're doing." i say. max nods and walks over to mike's home phone. dustin gets up to use the restroom. i kiss the side of mike's jaw. "pretty." i say softly, almost silent, looking at the side of his face. i softly drag my finger across his jaw line. "no you're pretty." mike says. "i know silly, but you're pretty to." i say. mike smiles and kisses me. "can you use your powers to grab me that coke over there?" mike asks. i nod and try to use my powers, they don't work, i strain myself harder, but nothing happens. i look at mike worriedly. "i'm sure they'll be back soon." he says rubbing my shoulders.

but
they didn't
i-i went weeks upon weeks without my powers
something i'd grown up with and had all my life
just disappeared
poof

about two months later
mike had asked y/n to a little picnic at the quarry and to be there around 8 o clock

mike's pov

i decided to come early since it was going to be dark soon and i needed to set up. y/n and i have been dating for around three years now so i wanted to do something special for the love of my life. we've had our ups and down, mainly because of my stupid ass, but she's forgiven me every time. which is why i couldn't ask for a better girlfriend than her. i wish she knew how much i love her, of course she knows i love her but it's so much more than she knows. i'm already almost to our spot. "hey wheeler." i hear a crude voice behind me. i turn around and see troy with a switch blade. "shit." i say and start running. troy is much faster than me, he always has been, so he catches up to me quick. he puts me in a choke hold and i drop my bags. "you're going to pay for all the things you did to me." troy says and opens his switch blade. "troy...please." i manage to say. troy snickers. he pushes me to the floor. he hovers over me. i feel something go through my chest, it doesn't really hurt at first. and then it goes through another time, and another. i look down at my bloody shirt and scream in pain. "any last words?" troy asks. "tell y/n i love her." i say and cough up blood.

y/n's pov

i walk across the quarry looking for mike, he said meet at our spot. i hear someone scream in agony, it sounds like mike. my body goes stiff. i forced myself to move and start running towards the noise. that can't be mike, even if it isn't i have to help whoever that is. god i hope that isn't mike. when i reach the person that screamed i see mike laying on the floor and someone running away. i sprint towards him. "mike." i sob and fall to the floor. "y/n." he says weakly. "ssshhh sshhh don't talk." i say. "help!" i scream out. "somebody help us!" i scream. mike is bleeding heavily. i take off my shirt and wrap it around his torso. "fuck." i say and apply pressure. "help!" i scream again. mike reaches up to put his hand on my face. "calm down baby i'm okay." he says weakly. my tear drops fall on him. "don't panic my love." he says. i bring his head up to my thighs gently so he has some support. "was someone screaming?" an older lady asks walking up to us. "help us! m-my boyfriend he was stabbed!" i yell. the woman gasps. "i'll call someone." she says and runs off, to i hope her house. "you're okay baby, help is on the way. stay awake for me okay?" i say.

"d-do you remember when we first met?" i ask. "yeah, i was such an asshole." mike says. "that doesn't matter know baby, try not to talk to much. stay awake for me." i say. "i love you more than anything in the world mike, you are my world." i say. "my head hurts." mike says. "i'm sorry baby my thighs probably aren't the best pillow right now." i say trying to hold back my sobs. i apply a bit more pressure to the wound. "it's perfect for me, i get such a great view of your beautiful face." mike says. "i love you." i say. mike squeezes my hand tight because of the pain but i don't care. "help is almost here baby i can hear them. stay awake for me." i say. "you keep repeating yourself love." mike says. "i love you y/n." mike says. he stops grabbing my hand so tight. in fact he goes limp. but he's not dead, he can't be. "mike." i say. "mike." i say again. i begin to sob over him. the paramedics come and check his pulse. the one that's checking his pulse looks at the rest of them, as if to say there's nothing there. "miss you need to leave." one of the paramedics says. "no! that's my boyfriend i need to stay!" i yell. "he's gone." the paramedic whispers. i let out a scream of pain, it feels like my heart just broke in fifty pieces.

lol sorry mike be like 🙄😝😰😵