v. casper the angry ghost

SAM FELT SKIN TEAR AS SHE hit the ground, scraping against a jutting rock. Pain sliced up her leg and stars flashed before her eyes. She heard a shout cut through the air above her. Looking up, she saw Thor land, dropping Loki to the ground. He turned, searching where she'd fallen.

Sam swore and dropped to the ground, pressing against the mountainside.

But like she was nothing more than a thorn in his side, Thor didn't give pursuit. Sam lifted her head and watched him swing back toward Loki, shouting words she couldn't make out. The dark-haired god didn't look impressed.

But then Thor lifted his hammer. 

She tensed.

But before he could make a move, red flashed through the night and Tony tackled the god off the mountainside, vanishing out of sight. Sam blinked in surprise and Loki stepped back. 

She swore, shoving herself up. Her leg screamed in pain but she ignored it, climbing up the mountainside and moving as fast as she could toward Loki. But he wasn't making a move to escape. He stood there instead, back turned toward her.

She came over the edge of the cliff. He straightened.

"Ghostwalker."

She froze.

Loki turned, an amused smirk playing across his lips. He made no move to run or escape, rocking back on his heels instead. Cautiously, Sam stepped forward. "You know me?"

"I don't. But the Tesseract does."

"Where is it?"

"Somewhere I know not. Sadly for your little group."

She slipped a knife from her sleeve, twisting it between her fingers. Loki's eyes sparked, but he didn't look scared. More... interested. Unease itched under her skin. "You seem mighty comfortable."

"Where would I run?"

"You're the god. You tell me."

His smirk widened and Loki leaned forward. "I like you."

"The feeling really isn't mutual."

Somewhere below them, lightning flashed and she heard a bellow. Sam glanced down in time to see every tree in a mile radius go crumbling. Her heart skipped a beat. "So that's your brother?"

"Not in the slightest."

She glanced over, surprised at Loki's tone. There was a snarl in his words, a deep hatred turning them that was darker than the look in his eyes. She crossed her arms. "No love for brother dear?"

"You wouldn't understand."

"I happen to love my brother very much. Even if he can be annoying sometimes. Or... his ghost can be. It's not as weird as it sounds."