vi. he's a mean-green

** Quick trigger warning: there is a mention of Sam dealing with her past and some of her thoughts and experiences

** Quick trigger warning: there is a mention of Sam dealing with her past and some of her thoughts and experiences. Nothing crazy, but I wanted to post this here just to give you all a heads-up.

GREEN EYES GLIMMERED WITH UNTOLD INTENT. Sam stood outside of Loki's prison, holding his gaze steadily back. He stepped forward, hands pressed behind his back, and smirked victoriously.

"Ghostwalker. Glad you could come."

"You have five minutes."

Something flickered in his eyes. Sam moved forward, sitting in the chair opposite the glass, and raised a brow. "Why speak with me? Of all people?"

"Clearly, I have nothing better to do with my time."

"So you're wasting mine?" She went to stand, but he held up a hand. Sam paused and look of triumph traveled quickly through his eyes. Despite herself, she sat again, crossing her arms. "Four minutes."

Loki glanced toward the camera. "No privacy?"

"Should've thought about that before you decided to attack Earth."

"Oh, I wasn't asking for me."

She raised a brow. He smirked, stepping closer to the glass.

"I'm speaking of something... personal. Some sort of power that runs through your veins. You might have an idea of what I mean, but SHIELD, they don't know the beginning of it. Do they?"

Sam's gaze flicked to the camera. She forced herself to remain calm, expressionless, looking back at the god. "Is this temper tantrum over?"

"Scared of what more I'll say?"

"Surprised you actually think I care."

"I'd be more worried about what uses they might find of you once they figure out what kind of warped creature you've become, Phantom. Do they know the unlimited power they search for runs through your veins? Do they know exactly what you're capable of?" He sneered. "What about the path you've gone down? The killing, the death?"

Sam stilled, staring at the god. Her own confusion and shock must have shown in her eyes because his smirk turned feral.

"Ah. So even you don't know."

"How exactly would you claim to know all this?"

"I've seen worlds you cannot begin to comprehend, Ghostwalker. Stood before beings that would strike fear into your heart. One of which has spoken to you before."

Sam stared, trying to figure out the message behind his words. But that's all they seemed to be. Words. She blinked, pushing herself up. "I don't have time for your riddles, Loki."

"You have a power you cannot control. One you paid a price for. One you weren't willing to give, but was taken anyway. Barnes."

Barnes.