wherever they were

"There will be many people in your life who will take your breath away. The trick is finding the person who reminds you to keep breathing," Sirius declared to the other three boys.

"Please stop, that's the seventh one you've found."

"Your point?"

Remus rolled his eyes, choosing not to reply.

The four marauders were sitting on the floor of their dorm. They were waiting for Lily and her friends to arrive.

You see, the fifth year Gryffindor students were very close. And so, every now and then, they would have a get together in the boys' dormitory, where they would play games and the like.

Remus was deep into his instagram feed when they appeared.

"Hi boys!"

The boys looked up at the door, by which stood Lily and her friends: Dorcas, Marlene and Alice.

"Ladies! How absolutely marvellous it is to see you all, my darlings!" Sirius jumped up, pulling the girls in.

"Fuck off you egg," retorted Marlene, raising an unimpressed eyebrow.

The four girls sat down with the boys, forming a circle on the floor. Placed strategically here and there were pillows and blankets, creating a sort of fluffy nest around them.

"What are we going to play then?"

"Truth or dare?"

Peter stared at James. "Are you serious?"

James winked. "No, he is."

"Honestly," muttered Remus, giving the bespectacled boy a push. "I'm friends with two idiots."

"I agree, James and Peter are quite idiotic."

"I didn't mean Peter, Padfoot."

"Actually, I think truth or dare is a great idea." The others stared at Lily, who stared defiantly back. "Oh, come on guys, we haven't played it in ages."

There was a murmur of assent, and Dorcas clapped her hands. "Great, it's decided. Who goes first?"

"Me! Pick me! Please pick me!" James bounced up and down where he sat, arm raised.

"Hm...Remus, why don't you start?"

James flopped back down, looking betrayed. "I thought you loved me, Dorcas."

Dorcas pressed a kiss to Marlene's cheek. "Nah, I'm good Potter."

He turned to Lily. "Oh, well, I'll always have your love, won't I, Evans?"

"I'd rather date Snape."

Sirius whistled. "Burn."

Remus cleared his throat. "So, Alice, truth or dare?"

The little brunette looked flustered. "Erm, truth? I think?"

He smirked. "Have you 'done the deed' with Frank yet?"

She looked utterly mortified, her plump cheeks painted red. "How dare you!"

"Answer the question."

She answered him. With a pillow. To his face.

"Of course I haven't! You idiot!"

The others by this point were laughing too hard to actually speak. Remus grinned at her, putting his hands up in surrender.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I knew you hadn't."

"Well then why did you ask?!"

He shrugged. "I wanted to see your reaction." He got hit with the pillow again.

"Lily," said Alice, once everyone had settled down, "Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Go down to the common room and scream really loud."

Lily's green eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yes. Go."

The redhead sighed resignedly, got up and walked down the stairs. The dorm was perfectly quiet, everyone listening carefully, waiting for the scream.

They didn't have to wait long.

Lily walked back up the stairs, a smug smile on her face. The others stared at her, shocked.

"I didn't know anyone could even make a sound like that," said Sirius.

"You are never having sex in here with James," muttered Remus.

The two boys spoke at the same time, and both got a kick from Lily.

"I'm never going to have sex with James, so that won't be an issue."

"Tough luck, mate."

"Peter, truth or dare?" asked Lily.

"Dare."

An evil smile spread across her little face. "Kiss James on the lips."

The two boys started protesting loudly.

" - James has probably not even brushed his teeth once this year - !"

" - I'd rather die than be kissed by that assfart - !"

But Lily wasn't having that. She glared at them until they shut up, and motioned for them to kiss.

They leaned in very slowly, holding their breath and looking utterly disgusted. Remus had secretly pulled out his phone and was filming the whole thing. A quick touch and they jumped apart, wiping their mouths and spouting obscenities.

When they had both complained enough, Peter chose his next victim. "Sirius - "

"Dare."

"Sit on Remus' lap for the rest of the game."

"Cool." And without any warning, Remus suddenly had a small, dark-haired moron sitting on him.

"Did I say you could do that?" Remus whispered into Sirius' ear.

"You don't have much choice, sweetheart." The smirk on the shorter boy's face was incredibly irritating. Remus clenched his fists, scowling at the back of Sirius' long, brown neck.

"Marlene, you know the drill," Sirius said, shuffling back a little. Wherever they were touching (and let's be real, wherever they weren't touching, too) became stupidly warm. Remus bit his tongue, trying to control himself.

He's my friend, he thought to himself. He's my friend, just a friend, I can't feel this way about him, he's my friend who just happens to be very hot, I'm not gay, he's my -

"There is no way in fucking hell I'm telling you that."

Remus blinked, suddenly noticing that he had missed what was going on. Marlene had apparently picked truth, and seemed to be regretting it.

"You have to," challenged James slyly. "It's the rules."

"He's right, Marls," said Dorcas, taking her hand and kissing her knuckles. "It's fine, I don't mind."

The others waited expectantly, and though Remus had no clue what they were waiting for, he found himself oddly invested all the same.

Finally, after perhaps thirty seconds, Marlene winced and whispered very, very quietly: "I'm a bottom."

In the ruckus that ensued, Remus could only sit there, unable to figure out how he had managed to end up friends with a bunch of idiots like these.

But when he saw Sirius, shrieking with laughter on the floor because he was being tickled viciously by Dorcas and Marlene for yelling 'BITCH SAME!', he knew he wouldn't have it differently.

"Moony! H-help me! Please!"

So Remus leaned forward and started tickling him as well.

Sirius' shouts of betrayal and vengeance were lost in the chaos.