your imagination

Sirius was leaning against the window sill, a sketchbook on his knees. Chewing the tip of his pencil, he wondered what to draw.

He started to flick idly through the pages, and grimaced: there were so many drawings of Remus it was honestly embarrassing.

Oh, look, Remus was leaning against a tree! Now he was sitting by the lake! Wow, he was asleep in this one. Sirius grimaced again. That would definitely be classified as 'creepily obsessive'.

Not that they were bad drawings. Even though he had only really used pencil, drawing-Remus did look like real-Remus, just sketchier. His eyelids drooped, his lip curled, his freckles popped up randomly -

He groaned, closing the book and putting his head into his arms. He needed to get a grip - this was getting out of hand.

[A/N: should I mention that some of the drawings were from first year? Nah, I think he has enough on his plate].

"Padfoot, are you alright?"

Sirius glanced up at Remus' voice, about to reply, when he stopped.

Froze.

Blinked once. Twice.

Remus blinked back. "Pads...?" Sirius gulped, unable to actually form a single coherent thought other than 'fuck'.

He'd only wanted to sketch for little while.

Just do some nice, peaceful sketching.

But no. God hated him and gave him a freshly-showered, only-wearing-a-towel, extremely arousing Moony.

Fuck, indeed.

Sirius tried very hard to only look at Remus' eyes. And yet, his gaze strayed down all the same. It was only a quick look, but it was enough. Enough for what? I'll let you use your imagination.

"Sirius, what's wrong?"

"Nothin'."

"You're turning red."

He turned even more red at that. "Well, I - er - that is..." He glanced down at Remus' body again, noting the way the towel seemed to hang off the narrow hips and the softness at his stomach.

Remus crossed his arms across his bare chest. Raising an eyebrow, he regarded the quietly-dying boy with obvious suspicion. Sirius needed to act fast.

But thankfully, thankfully God was nice to him (for once).

"Oh my God is that a tattoo?!" He jumped up and ran over.

Along Remus' (edible-looking) collarbone was a tattoo of a wolf. Sirius inspected it carefully, trying to control his blush.

It was a wonderful tattoo though. It was pure black, with clear spaces where the eyes and mouth were. The wolf appeared to be running, it's dark figure stretched out across pale freckled skin.

A lovely tattoo. Very Remus. He kind of wanted to kiss it.

Pull yourself together you horny gay idiot.

"Yeah, I got it in fourth year." Was it just him, or did Remus sound flustered?

"Your parents let you?" Sirius looked up into those beautiful amber eyes.

The taller boy smirked. "No, but by the time they found out it was a little late to do anything."

Sirius glanced down once more. There were beads of water clinging to his skin. A couple rested on those lovely broad shoulders. He wanted to lick them away so badly.

"Remmie, I'm surprised at you."

The smirk turned into a grin. "They were too."

Sirius looked at the tattoo again. "Why a wolf?"

"My name is literally Werewolf McWerewolf. Plus I've always been a bit of a...lone wolf."

"That was a terrible joke."

"You're a terrible joke."

They smiled at each other.

Sirius was suddenly aware how close they were standing. He hadn't meant for that to happen. Or maybe you did, his subconscious whispered. Subconsciouses suck, don't they?

Remus' skin was still steaming slightly. The shorter boy could feel the heat warm his face. He tried to take another subtle glimpse.

Along Remus' torso was a long scar, reaching across from his chest to his stomach, with smaller markings scattered around it. Sirius fingers ached to run along them, kiss them better. Not that he did, of course.

Remus cleared his throat, backing away to his trunk. "Yes, well," he muttered, pulling out a large brown jumper, "You have many tattoos, and I thought they were cool, so..."

Sirius walked over to the window again, feeling awkward. "Yeah, my tattoos are pretty cool, I agree."

"Asshole."

"Bastard."

Remus pulled on his clothes, and Sirius tried to make sure he wasn't staring (he didn't do a very good job though).

"See you later, Pads."

Sirius waved. The moment the other boy had gone, he jumped up and ran to the bathroom.

Lord Almighty, he needed help.