making them forget

"Padfoot, wake up."

"Piss off Prongs."

"But it's Christmas!"

Sirius sat up. "Holy fuck, it is!"

James grinned down at his friend. "Thanks for the book by the way. I don't think I'll need it though."

"Everyone needs a little dating advice now and then, my friend. Besides, you might find out how to get Lily."

"Your faith in me is astonishing."

Sirius made a face at him, then glanced over at Peter, who was sitting drowsily on his bed.

"Guys, it's not even six o'clock."

James rolled his eyes. "How sad. I don't care."

"Hey, look, Moony's still asleep," Peter muttered.

An evil smile spread across Sirius' face. "Not for long."

Remus shrieked as the three boys jumped on him.

"Seriously?! Are you for fucking real right now?" He glared at the other marauders, who were smiling smugly back at him. "Why can't you guys just wake me up like normal people do?!"

"But, Remus, honey," drawled Sirius, seating himself comfortably on Remus' stomach, "We would have to be normal to do that."

"No kidding." Remus scowled up at him. Sirius pouted, reaching forward and rubbing the space between Remus' eyebrows.

"Don't frown, it's Christmas." The taller boy rolled his eyes, but gave Sirius a big cheesy grin. Sirius smiled happily in response.

"Much better."

Throughout this little exchange, James and Peter had grabbed their phones and were taking multiple photos, laughing silently with each other.

Not that the other two boys were aware.

***

It had been a good day.

The marauders had recieved great presents, the food had been delicious, Sirius and Peter had won the obligatory snowball fight, and now they were relaxing in front of the fire in the common room, sipping James' beer and watching the snow fall outside the window.

Well, Remus was trying to relax, at any rate. The others, however, had other plans.

"To celebrate, we should - "

"No."

"But Remus - "

"No."

"You don't even - "

"Yes I do." Remus rolled his eyes, putting his beer down on the table. "You want to go out, sneak into the kitchens and eat like the greedy pigs you are."

James and Sirius looked at each, stunned. "How on Earth did you guess that?" asked Sirius, who was sitting by Remus' feet.

"You do it every year, you cabbage."

Peter snickered, taking a swig of his beer. "He had a point, guys."

"But Remmie, it's tradition!" James whined from his place on a sofa.

"We've almost been caught every year."

"But we haven't yet." Sirius flopped into Remus' lap, looking up with beseeching eyes. "Please Moony."