16: He's scared

June 24, Monday.
6:28 PM.

"Prof... Theo doesn't look too well." I say fiddling with the frills of my dress. Furrowing my brows as I watch Theo lift his speech up. His hands were shaking tremendously.

"G-good... Evening." Theo was stuttering and pausing in between words. Goodness, I feel bad for him.

"I-...." His eyes wandered the from person to person. And they were all staring back at him, waiting for him to speak.

"Theo, speak!" Prof tells him in a low voice, but the nervous wreck of a boy shakes his head negatively and cowers under the pressuring spotlight. "I can't."

"Yes, you can!"

And the boy continued to shake his head negatively, and I noticed his face becoming more pale, as his movements started to become weak. "Professor... Theo really doesn't look too well, maybe we should let him rest." I repeat.

"I agree with Lydia, we really shouldn't force him." Sylvie repeats after me.

"Hush you two."

I'm just trying to save the poor boy's reputation you know? I feel really bad for him!!!

I let out a heavy sigh then crack my knuckles out of anxiety. Silently hoping that Theo would make it out conscious.

I wouldn't be suprised if Theo grows a grudge on Prof for this.

"I... I feel-" As words were uttured, and I looked over at Theo immediately, I see him clutching his chest with his left hand and his right covering his mouth as he suddenly gags. A gasp was heard from the crowd as he ran off the stage, shoving the microphone towards professor Adley then running off.

"I told him not to eat too much." Prof sighs and walks up the stage with a visible disappointment on his face.

Well, that was to be expected.

"My apologies. My student has enjoyed his dessert more than he should have." The crowd laughed. "But with out further ado, and as they say, the show must go on... I will now be playing a presentation for you all."

"Hey Lydia, come on, lets go check on Theo!" Sylvie tells me in a low voice, grabbing my wrist and we ran following Theo's path. Which led us to the comfort room.

The two of us stood outside the male's comfort room which was meant for only a single person. And Sylvie knocked. "Theo, are you alright in there?"

"Does it seem like I'm okay?" He responded. And the sound of his voice was followed by the sound of letting his food out the wrong way.

Well that's a nice way of saying no.

"Okay. I'll go get water for you then. Lydia, you just wait here." Sylvie says and runs off.

"Do you need anything else?" I ask Theo.

"No... Thanks for asking though."

"It was nothing, really."

A dead silence came between us two for a few moments. Very uncomfortable. I stood there thinking of a topic, and at the same time hoped Theo would say something and break the silence.

But still he wouldn't. I guess I will.

"Speaking in front of such a crowd is tough." I say, attempting to break the silence as I hear the door open and Theo steps out, looking at me with dead eyes.

"Yeah. And crowds are just not my thing." He pauses. "I spend all day sitting behind a computer, or studying for damned school and professor? Professor makes us perform in front of an adult crowd in a fancy hotel!?"

"Theo..." Goodness I suck at advice, but I'll try. "This is something If given the option, I'd choose not to do either. But I'm sure professor had uhmm... Good intentions for the three of us." I smile awkwardly. Yeah I do hope prof had good intentions for us. Not just for his reputation with the school.

"You may be right but... I just can't Lydia, I just can't be in these kinds of situations." Theo slowly sat down on the maroon carpeted floor and covered his face with his hands. "I just get bad panic attacks."

"O-oh..." I sat down becide Theo and gently patted his back in hopes that it'll make him feel better. I don't know what to say, I don't know what to say! Sylvieeee! Where are youuu! She's taking an awful long time just to buy water. Perhaps she can't find the vending machine too?

"I'm amazed you handled the crowd so well." Theo says.

"Eh- no! My hand was shaking that whole time."

"It wasn't obvious."

"Heh."

"And you spoke with so much passion and confidence."

"Nooo! Sylvie did better." I frowned.

"You still pushed through though."

Come on Sylvie... WHERE are you!? I look around the area with only my eyes. Trying not to be obvious with showing that I wanted out of the situation. And gladly, I spot her skipping over to us.

"I'm back! Here's your water Theo- oh wait. Am I interrupting?" Sylvie finally returns, stopping in her tracks and smirking. Thank goodness.

"No, you're not." Theo says and Sylvie tosses the water to him and he gives her a light nod in return. "Thanks."

"Theodore Blair, what happened!? I told you not to eat too much!" Professor then comes out from behind Sylvie, giving her a light startle. "Prof! I didn't see you there." Sylvie laughs lightly.

"Sorry Professor. I just really hate crowds."

"You need to face your fears and dislikes if you want to move forwars Theo."

Theo sighs heavily and gets back up on his feet. I do so as well.

"Come on everyone, lets head back to our tables. The principal will just give his closing message and you can all head home." Prof says and begins walking ahead of us, signaling for us to follow. Finally! This looong day will come to an end.

•••

"Thank you for coming to this event ladies and gents. I hope you all consider enrolling your students at symphony high. Have a delightful evening!" The principal finishes then the area is followed by more half hearted claps and others began leaving. So did we.

"I hope you all won't be too beat to enter school tomorrow." Prof says sarcastically. "See you all and take care on the way home!" He waves and turns around to speak to the principal as the three of us make our way out of the hotel.

"That was quite the experience!" Sylvie says.

"Meh." I respond to her as Theo just stayed silent.

"You guys really need more exposure!" Sylvie crosses her arms with a smile. "Guess we'll all see each other tomorrow! See ya!" She waves and heads opposite the direction I'm going, off to who knows where.

"Yeah... See you." I say once she was too far to hear me.

"So I guess the two of us will head to the bus stop?" Theo asks.

"I guess so."

Theo takes out earphones and plugs it in his phone. "Wanna listen to some music with me?"

"Sure."

He hands me the right earpiece and I put it in my left ear, While he puts the left earpiece in his right ear. Oh, it's panic at the disco. I really like their songs. And off we went to the bus stop. Just listening to music, not uttering a single word.

We were just on time for the bus and quickly got in, sitting near the back. I took the window seat. I always prefer the window seat, That way I can look outside.

The city looks really nice at night. City lights all over the place.

Yeah, despite living here all my life I am still amazed by how the city looks like at night. One of the reasons being because I seldom leave my house around these hours.

And barely 5 minutes passed, I shut my eyes to rest them since they were feeling extremely tired. Just for a moment.