20: Mission Employment

June 26, Wednesday
5:00 PM

"Come on! You need to look professional!"

"Ughh can't I just be myself?"

"It doesn't work like that!"

Ari attempts to hold me into place, as I was trying to dodge every touch of make up that hit my face.

Looking for an outfit was already bad enough. I spent thirty minutes looking through clothes and trying them on, but in the end I'm still wearing a hoodie and jeans.

"Come on! If you don't hold still, then it'll get too late! Then our job hunting will have to be postponed." Ari pouts.

"Fine fine..." I exhale and stop dodging Ari's hands. Then she began doing my make up. Blush, eyeshadow and such. It was only light.

"My god Lydia! You're so pretty!!!" Ari cups my face. "Ah oops! I might ruin the make up hehe." She lets go and stands up straight, rubbing her hands. "Now we gotta do your hair!"

"Seriously!??" I question.

"Of course!" Ari begins to comb my hair. "The look wouldn't be complete if I didn't fix your hair!"

This is going to take a while...

"Oh and guess what?" Ari suddenly spoke, straying away from the previous conversation.

"What?"

"I'm going to apply with you!"

"Well that's reassuring."

"Right!!" Ari smiles widely.

Looks like I don't have to worry when I end up in a bad situation. Thank goodness I have an awesome best friend.

---
5:40 PM

Now at the mall, the two of us stand just by the entrance, scanning the stores as far as our eyes can see.

Mostly food and clothing shops.

"So where to first?" Ari asks.

"Food." I answer without hesitation.

"No! Eat later!"

"Do we want to be having serious interviews on an empty stomach?"

"Well... You have a point." Ari sighs in defeat. "We'll eat first then. Burger Queen?"

"That'll do."

"Yey!" Ari takes my hand and we head over to Burger Queen.

As we enter, and head up to the counter with no people, and our orders already in mind, we bump into a slightly familiar face. Uhh what was his name again?

I take a quick look at his name tag then the memory of where I've first seen him flashes back. Li Shin.

That student skipping classes. He works here?

"Ms? Your orders please?" He asks us.

"You work here?" I ask bluntly instead of ordering.

"Uhh..." He pauses for a few seconds, then a wave of shock washes upon his face. "Y-you're a student from symphony high-"

"Yes, I am."

"Can you uhh... Keep this a secret?"

"Ehem ehem." Ari coughs. "Lydia we don't have time for this!"

"Ahh yeah, my apologies. We'll have two whoppers with fries and apple juice."

"Sure thing." Li Shin punches our order in, looking a little unsteady. "That'll be $8"