17: Grade Conscious

June 25, tuesday
6:00 AM

"This damn alarm!"

I force my eyes open and shut my alarm off, noticing that I was still wearing the dress my mom gave me. Making me recall yesterdays events before I got home.

We split ways with Sylvie. Then me and Theo went to the bus station and arrived for the bus just in time. After that we took our seats and I closed my eyes for a moment. Then...

Uhm, what happened after that? I can't recall exiting the bus and entering my house.

I jolted up from my bed and dashed out my room. My mother who was sitting by the dining table turned her head to look at me then smiled cheekily.

"Mom!? How did I get home last night?!!"

She giggled.

"Mom!!" I furrowed my brows.

"A guy brought you here hehe."

"What!??"

"He was a timid fellow."

Timid? Must be Theo.

"Did he wear glasses?"

"Yes! Is he your boyfriend? Hehe." My mom giggled.

"No! Mom I do not have a boyfriend! Goodness." I emphasize the words 'do not' and roll my eyes. "I'm going to go get ready for school now."

"Okay! I'll be cooking some french toast." My mom responds.

"Oh and Lydia?" My dad speaks. As he was sitting on the sofa, probably reading some news related to politics.

Why does he even bother to read anything about politics-

But hey, it's better than dad jokes.

"Yes dad?"

"No dating till you're thirty."

"Mhm." I sigh.

I bet the only thing I'm going to be marrying is some figurine of one of my favorite game characters.

I might take Dread into consideration. If I ever meet him, that is.

---

8:10 AM

"Lydiaaaaaaaaaa!"

"Hey Ari..." I say tiredly. I was resting my head on the table, looking teary eyed. I'm still sleepy.

"So how was it?"

"Meh... It went better than I thought it would." I answer her and slowly lift my head up and yawn.

"That's good! Did you learn anything about Theo?"

"Yeah... Yeah I did." My mind slowly drifts off to last night's events.

If I fell asleep on the bus, he must've carried me back. The thought didn't really faze me. I would only be fazed if it really had meaning. But it was only a simple act of kindness.

"well, I learned that he had a really bad fear of crowds."

"Was he ok?"

"Ahh... Not really."

Ari frowns.

"Hey, you should really go and have a proper conversation with him!" I say in attempt to cheer her up. "He's really friendly and quite the gentleman you know."

"Hehe... It's always easier said than done though." She responds.

"It is."

The two of us go silent for a few moments. Till such silence was broken by the voice of a friendly green-eyed classmate.