Prologue (Part one)

Third Person P.O.V.

    In a huge, fancy house somewhere in New York on the outskirts of the city, a three-year-old boy with golden eyes and hair to match wakes up to the sound of his parents talking, loudly. He follows their voices until he stands outside his father's study. The clock reads 10:56 pm as the young boy gets closer to the door to make out what his parents are saying. "I don't see why it is such a big deal Stephen, the only reason we are even discussing this is because they called so late at night," comes the voice of the boy's mother.

   "It matters because they called at all Celine. They can't be doing that what if Jonathan would have picked up?" Retorts the boy's father.

    "He knows better than to answer the phone and even if he did he wouldn't understand what's happening."

    "That's not the point Celine the point is that this transaction was supposed to be over and now we are getting calls in the middle of the night..."

    "This transaction?" Celine cuts him off. "This isn't one of your business deals Stephen. You can't simply forget about Michael would never..." But the boy never learned what Michael would never do nor whom Michael was because at that moment he fell knocking the partially open door all the way open as he tumbled into the room.

    "Jonathan, what are you doing up? We put you to bed hours ago." Stephen says in a much softer, gentler voice than he had been using only minutes before.

    "I had a nightmare and heard your voices," replies the tiny voice of the child, Jonathan. "What were you guys talking about?"

    "Nothing to concern you, sweetie, just a business deal that your father thought was over. Let's get you back to bed. How does that sound?" Celine questions as she takes Jonathan into her arms and takes him back to his room and reading him a story about princes and princesses until he falls back asleep forgetting about what he had heard for now.