Chapter 19-Why Is She Here

A/N: I just wanted to say sorry I haven't posted in a while but Volleyball season is officially underway so I'll try to publish as many chapters as I can when I have time! XOXO ~Jess😘😘

Jace's P.O.V.

Okay, I get that I've done some pretty bad things in my life and I seriously regret everything that happened with Clary that night three months ago but I never thought I did anything to deserve this punishment that obviously came from the Angel's themselves. When I made the decision to beat Anthony's ass for what he did to Clary I completely accepted that I would get kicked off the football team, in fact, I thought that I might get suspended for this one and I was fine with that too. What I didn't expect was for Josette to walk in and save my ass and manage to put me in her debt, a place I most definitely didn't want to be. I was so shocked to see her again I couldn't even process the fact that Clary had rushed into the office with Izzy to make sure I wasn't punished. I wanted to focus on the fact that this meant she didn't completely hate me but my thoughts kept coming back to Josette. I haven't seen her in two years since my parents took me to Paris. I suddenly remember her looking at me with a glare so fierce I was scared it might just kill me as she bit out, "God you're just like them. I should've realized. Just forget it Jace I changed my mind I wish I never would've met you," before she turned away while I stood there shocked.

I quickly shake the memory and all thought of her from my mind and focus on Clary. The best part about still being on the football team is that I get to watch her at cheer practice since they have to share the field with football. I think about this and all things Clary as I shower and get ready for school.

I don't get to talk to Clary at all throughout the day because she is always with Isabelle but I can't find time to be upset about it because the school is completely abuzz with news of the new girl. All of my friends have been talking about how hot she is all day and how they want to "tap that" and I'm getting seriously sick of it. Apparently, she's Izzy and Clary's roommate until they get a room ready for her and Alec must have a thing for her because those two were just thick as thieves coming into the cafeteria as she grabbed his arm laughing. I did get some satisfaction when he led her over to the table and she was happy that Izzy and Clary sat there until she realized that I sat there. When Alec introduced me as his and Izzy's brother I could see the disappointment and realization in her eyes as she realized her new friends are my friends. My satisfaction was short-lived though as she realized they didn't know about our past and she smirked as she told me how nice it was to meet me. When Clary introduced her to Magnus however, they both acted weird but I seemed to be the only one to notice. Well, she might know my secret but if I can find out what's up with her and Magnus I might be able to be rid of her.

I'm planning ways of how to get rid of Josette as Alec talks about the upcoming game when I hear something that unexpectedly makes my blood boil and it comes from the same idiots who were talking about Clary and Rodriguez the other day. "I'm telling you dude that new slut totally wants me to fuck her. She's from Paris you know city of love and all, she's probably got some good tricks up her sleeve if you know what I mean." His friend laughs as I snap around and glare at him for a reason unknown even to me.

"What did you call her?" I ask furious that this little asshole is talking about Josette like that.

"Oh come on you can obviously tell she's a slut. Look at how she dresses all of the clothes and even her heels say 'fuck me hard please'," he laughs and Alec opens his mouth to say something but I beat him to it.

As I get closer to the dumbfuck talking about Josette I recognize him as a second-string offensive running back and I know that I'm gonna make his life hell as I get in his face and say, "It doesn't matter what she wears it doesn't give you the right to call her a slut or whore and any of those, in fact, it makes you sound like you little rapist friend Rodriguez. If I ever hear you say anything else about Josette I will make sure that your life is a living hell. In school and on the field got it?" I ask the freshman who nods his head furiously obviously terrified. "Good," I go back to my locker and finish getting ready for practice until I feel Alec's obvious stare. "What?" I ask.

"Nothing. I just thought you had a thing for Clary but the way you defended Josette just then it seemed like it was her you were in love with. Not to mention I got the impression that you guys didn't like each other and that you already knew each other before she got here." He says eyeing me suspiciously.

"Look I don't know why I defended her probably because I don't like that dipshit that's friends with Tony. And if you must know we did know each other but we don't anymore and we don't like each other very much. And just so you know I will never, NEVER, have a thing for her got it?" He nods so I say, "Great let's get out there so we can watch the cheerleaders before practice starts." Alec shakes his head and laughs following me out of the locker room.

I walk over to the where the cheerleaders are watching Clary when suddenly they all start clapping and cheering and I realize they are watching someone. I think it's Izzy but then I hear her say "Oh my God. You definitely make the team, we don't even need a vote congrats, Josie!" That stops me in my tracks. I'm still frozen when Clary sees mean and jogs over.

"Hey, I just wanted to say thank you."

That snaps me out of it. "Thank you for what. I should be thanking you, you did try to get me out of trouble after that fight."

"I only did that because I knew you were fighting him because of what he did to me but then I starting wondering how you knew. I had told both Magnus and Alec and I know they wouldn't tell you besides you were up before either of them. That's when I realized that you were the one that tackled him off of me so thank you. If you hadn't been there I don't know what I would've done. That's a terrible way to lose your virginity." Wait, she's a virgin? "Anyway I just wanted to say thanks and that I might have misjudged you."

"How so?" I ask still reeling over the knowledge that she is a virgin and hating myself because that made me happy.

"I didn't think you would make a good friend but you were there for me even when I was being a complete jerk to you so can we start over?"

I know I should tell her no. I should tell her she was right and that she should stay away from me so I don't hurt her again but instead, I hear myself say, "Sure," and the smile that lights up her face afterwards warms my entire body and makes me want her even more. Great.