Chapter 7- Meeting Jace Herondale

N/A: I just wanted to let you guys know that my school year started today so my updates won't be as often as the first few chapters were.

Clary's P.O.V.

Izzy stayed true to her word and after I woke up and took and a shower, she did my hair and makeup. All she did to my hair is curl it to tame the curls a little bit and then put it into a ponytail and for my makeup did some mascara, a little eyeliner, and some pink lip gloss that she claimed would "make all the boys crazy". After my hair and makeup were done Izzy started on hers and I went to put on the black dress Izzy had decided to lend me. While I was looking at in the mirror thinking it was way too short, somebody knocked on the door. "I'll get it," Izzy said finishing up her makeup before opening the door.

"Hey Iz, I thought you might want to walk to class together since Alec's too cool for me now that he has a new roommate."

"Alec isn't too cool to walk with you to class Jace, his class is just all the way across the school and he doesn't have time to go to your class and then to his as well."

"Whatever are you coming with me or not." 

"Sure but we have to take my new roommate." 

"Oh yeah. I forgot you also got a new roommate. I see you don't hate her so she must not be an underclassman."

"Oh trust me she's not and I made her look really good so wait here while I go get her."

"You know I can hear your guy's conversation right?" I interrupt. "By the way, I'm ready to go Izzy and I don't want to be late otherwise I would've changed out of this dress."

"Why would you change out of the dress it completes the look and I don't have anything else that goes with those boots." Izzy says at the same time that Jace answers "I think you look amazing." I look at Jace shocked before turning to Izzy.

"It doesn't matter because I don't have time to change so let's go." We start walking to math class and Jace falls behind Izzy and me. Pretty soon I feel a tug and my hair tumbles down my shoulder. "Hey!" Izzy and I say simultaneously. 

"What?" Questions Jace. "Her hair looks better down." Izzy just snuffs before turning around and fuming away leaving me almost running to catch up with her long strides.

______

As the day went forward I realized that Jace is in all my classes but art and by the time lunch rolls around again Izzy and I are sitting at the same table when Jace comes in and sits right next to me. Alec and Magnus arrive a little bit later and we all talk the whole lunch period. Izzy tells Alec that I'm her new roommate and he asks why I did just stay on-campus in the first place. Normally I would've given a snarky retort but he said it kindly and he isn't scowling at me anymore so I tell them all about how the principle convinced my mom to make me stay on-campus. "How can your family afford it? I thought you had a brother too," asks Magnus. 

"I do but Jon and I went to public schools because my mom's fiancee went to public schools before moving to the private school where he met my mom and dad and he said it builds character better. We had the money to go here but I never would have come if Luke hadn't told my mom it was the best chance I had of getting an art scholarship." I answer.

"Wait so you're like rich?"

"Sure I guess you could say that." I laugh while Alec and Jace look intrigued. Before they can ask any more questions, however, the bell rings and Izzy and I head towards French class. Before we get there Izzy excuses herself to the bathroom so I head for the room by myself. I don't end up walking by myself though as Jace runs up to me and puts his arm around my shoulder. 

"Wow red. I don't think there has ever been a rich kid that was given a scholarship so congrats on being the first."

"I wasn't trying really. I don't even know why I got in."

"Well if you really do have money like you say you must be one hell of an artist."

"What do you mean 'like you say'? Are you saying you don't believe me." Jace begins to look alarmed but before he can reply we reach the French room and I go take my seat. A few minutes later, Izzy runs in and sits next to me.

"There's a back to school party at one of the student's brownstones tomorrow night and we are going no arguments." After knowing Izzy just a short while, I had already learned that arguing with her is very time-consuming and I'm not guaranteed to win so I have to pick my battles carefully. Instead, I agree to go on the condition that I can invite Simon which she readily agreed to. I quickly text Simon and tell him I'll text the address tomorrow. He agrees and Izzy starts planning our outfits for tomorrow night. Well, this will be fun.