Chapter 51- Doesn't Feel Too Good Does It?

A/N Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted a new chapter in a few weeks. I have finals coming up at school so my teachers are piling on the work so I probably won't be posting for a few weeks. Thanks for all the likes and the comments I hope you guys continue to read my story.~Love, Jess😘😘

Two weeks later

Jace's P.O.V.

I knew something was wrong with the whole Amanda situation but I thought I just didn't want to believe that my sister would do that to someone I loved. Alec took her side in everything. He's been sitting with her and her two boy toys every day at lunch, they always hang out together and he spends every night in either Josette's room or Jake and Zack's room. Izzy is a mess because she doesn't think Alec would take Josie's side if he was there but Clary and I know what we saw. I guess it never occurred to us to think about the circumstances surrounding the video or at least I didn't until Amanda did the same thing to me.

I was leaving my dorm room when I saw her leaning against the wall across from it. "What do you want Amanda?" I ask as I walk down the hallway on my way to shoot hoops in the gym. I'm not on the team or anything, it's just something I do to pass the time. I used to do it with Alec who does play but now...

"Oh come on. I would've thought you would realize I'm not you're enemy. I told you that that whore Clary had a pregnancy scare."

"You didn't say she had a pregnancy scare you said she was pregnant in front of the entire cafeteria to try and ruin her reputation."

"Fine, what about that bitch Josette. You both thought she was your friend and I showed you that she was a lying bitch that stole your best friend."

"You didn't do that out of the kindness of your heart Amanda, you did that because you wanted to hurt me like I hurt you so whatever. You won."

"No, I haven't won." I can see her start to get angry but she quickly reels it back in making me suspicious. "I wanted to show you that the only person you can count on is me. You really think Izzy will take your back against Clary? She turned against her blood brother she'll drop you in a second. Alec's already abandoned you for Josette and her band of merry misfits and Clary? All she wants is your money and the second she realizes you won't give it to her she'll drop you."

I suddenly stop walking a turn on her. "You don't know anything about Clary so don't talk about her like you know her."

Her eyes get a mischievous glint in them like she has won but I don't know how. "If you're so sure you know her, have you asked yourself why she tried to have you get her pregnant?" I have no words I'm so stunned she would think Clary would do something like that but she takes my silence as a sign to continue. "I mean think about it, Jace, she was all hanging around Sebastian like he was the greatest thing in the world, and everyone knows that next to you and the Lightwoods, Sebastian is the richest. Then she drops him and becomes besties with Alec who comes out and suddenly she's all in love with you. But whatever if you really think she'll make a good mom go ahead wait until she ruins your life by trapping you."

I'm fuming, "What do you want me to say Amanda huh?" I see her hand move in her jacket pocket but don't think too much about it as I continue. "That Clary's a gold-digging whore or that I don't think she would make a good mother. Fine, I don't think Clary would make a good mother and I'm glad she wasn't pregnant because it would've been a complete shit show if it had she's irresponsible and frankly since she got here we have both been immersed in so much drama it isn't even funny but I will never say she is a gold-digging whore."

She giggles. "Whatever Jace you'll see soon enough that the only person you can count on is me."

_______

After my conversation with Amanda, I went to the weight room instead and punch the punching bag for a few hours before deciding what I needed was to see Clary. I go up to her floor and knock on the door. After a few minutes, she opens up. I can see her eyes are puffy but before I can ask what's wrong, she cuts me off. "What do you want Jace."

"What?" I'm dumbfounded. "Why are you mad at me Clary what did I do?"

"I saw Amanda today." I sigh think I know where this is going but she cuts me off before I can speak again. "She told me that apparently I just can't pick my friends. I, of course, told her I didn't know what she was talking about so she pulled out her phone and showed me a video of you, clearly taken today judging from the clothes, where you said that you were glad I wasn't pregnant because I'm too irresponsible and drama-filled." Wait what?

Suddenly it all makes sense, why Amanda's hand moved in her jacket, she was hiding a camera she had turned on and why everything felt so off about what happened with Josie, it was staged, Amanda said exactly what she knew would get us to say something out of context that sounded bad when you didn't know the whole story. I only hope Clary will hear me out better than I heard Josette out. "Clary, that's not what I meant. We're both irresponsible, we're kids, are you honestly telling me that you want to have a baby."

"Of course not Jace. I don't care that you said it would be a shit show your right. Having a baby now would ruin both of our lives, it's the fact that you went and talk to Amanda about how irresponsible and how I'm a drama magnet. I mean anyone else and I might not be as mad but Amanda. Why her Jace? And why tell her all that stuff instead of just telling me. I'm supposed to be your girlfriend but clearly you don't trust me enough for that so maybe we should take a break." As she finished we both realize how loud our conversation was when we realize everyone in the hall has their door open and several people are peeking their heads out. 

"Clary, wait.." I start, but before I can finish she cuts me off by slamming the door in my face. I turn around and see Izzy standing there.

"I was hoping it was a trick. I really was. How could you do that to her Jace? You know more than anyone how much it can hurt to find out that someone you care about is talking about you behind your back yet you went and did it to the person you claim to love." She shakes her head and walks into the room. 

As I turn back to the hallway I see most people have closed their doors but as I walk down the hall Amanda steps out of her room. "I told you Jace, the only one who will never give up on you is me."

I jerk out of her grasp and head back to my dorm. As I walk in, I notice someone on the couch. Alec must be back, I think but as I get closer I realize the figure is too feminine to be Alec. "I heard what happened, between you and Clary. I heard Amanda tell her. Is it bad?"

"Yeah, it's pretty bad." I expect her to say something about how I deserve it or laugh at my misfortune but instead, she stands up and gives me a sad look.

"It doesn't feel too good when it's you that everyone turns against, does it?"

"No, it doesn't," I say and then she does something that shocks me. She walks over and pulls me into a hug and suddenly all the weight of the past couple of weeks hits me and I feel the tears fall down my face. "I'm sorry for how I treated you. I should have listened."

She laughs and when I pull away I see she is crying even more than me. "Please, I doubt you'll ever listen to me but I'm sorry Mandy did that to you. You and Clary are really good together."

"Thanks," I say as I wipe the few tears that fell away. 

"Well, I have to go. I'm meeting Alec. I would invite you but unlike me, Alec and the other two aren't very forgiving when it comes to you. I think they are still waiting for me to spiral."

"Why didn't you. Not to be rude or anything."

"No, it's fine. I usually would spiral."

So why didn't you?" I ask as she opens the door.

Before she walks out she turns to me. "I can't get revenge if I'm too busy spiraling now can I?" She asks before pulling the door shut behind her leaving me standing in the middle of the commons room of my dorm laughing at the sister I hadn't realized I missed.