Chapter 15- I Really Hate Parties

Clary's P.O.V.

It's been three months since the whole Jace debacle went down. Everyone was mad at Jace until I convinced them I was fine, I had expected it. Which wasn't a complete lie, I did expect it but I was far from fine. Izzy and I are officially best friends and because she is hyper-popular as she is one of the most gorgeous women I have ever seen, she gets invited to EVERY SINGLE PARTY anybody has and she drags me to all of them. Alec and I have grown closer as have Magnus and I. However, Magnus and Alec have grown farther apart, in fact, Magnus paid Jace to have the single room so Alec and Jace are back to being roommates, Alec and I mostly hang out in my room. Alec finally told Izzy about Magnus and him after I told him she was worried that his depression was coming back. Alec's reply was something like, "I didn't have depression Izzy I was just sad, people can get sad and yes I am sad now because I kissed Magnus Bane and then said it was a mistake because I was drunk and scared and you telling people I have depression isn't helping things!" Izzy apologizes after that and the three of us have been devising ways to get them back together. Magnus also told me about their kiss since I walked in on them and he was a lot more forthcoming on the details of what Alec said. I've been trying to convince him to give Alec another chance but I don't know how well it's working. Things have gotten better in the past month though because Alec, Izzy, Magnus and I all went to see a movie and go out to eat a few times. Magnus sat as far as possible from Alec and didn't talk to him but it's progress.

Jace. The same day Amanda made a point of telling everybody that Jace was her boyfriend, Jace broke up with her, in a very public manner. He told her before last period, very loudly in the hallway, that he only slept with her because he was drunk and he would like to think he won't ever sleep with her again while drunk because he happens to have his sights set on a very beautiful girl that's real girlfriend material and then glanced at me. I rolled my eyes and pushed past him as his locker is right next to mine in the direction of our history class. He tried to explain things in history since we have assigned seats and his is right next to mine but either he finished or realized I wasn't listening and gave up trying. I see him at the parties Izzy takes me to but he never approaches me and I certainly won't approach him. I don't want to be just another notch on his bedpost.

After that first party Simon came to where he made out with Izzy, he started coming to a lot of them and bringing Jon. This would be great if Izzy, Simon, and Jon hadn't gotten themselves stuck in a love triangle. At first, Izzy was all about Simon until Jon told her that Simon is in love with me and was just using her because I would never go for Simon. When Iz asked him, in front of me, he admitted how he felt, punched Jon and left. Isabelle ended that party making out with Jon. Simon and I gave it a shot because he's my best friend and he was really upset about Iz, but we realized we are much better as friends. Now Jon and Si are in a "friendly" competition over who can win Isabelle's permanent affection. Izzy liked the attention at first until she started to fall for them both so now they are all just one hopeless mess. Which brings me to last night. A party worse than my first one at Herondale Academy.

I was drinking, something I have now grown accustomed to and am now good at when a song I really liked came on. I went to the unofficial dance floor and began dancing. Soon a guy starts dancing with me and told me his name was Anthony. He was cute so I kept dancing with him until I had to pee. I found the bathroom in this house without interrupting any kissing couples but when I got out Anthony grabbed my hand and took me into an empty room. We started kissing and everything was fine until he started to get handsy. I asked him to stop and when he didn't I tried to push him off. That didn't work so I tried to think about what Luke said about self-defense, but he was too close to do any of the stuff Luke had taught me. I was kicking the wall behind me to get anyone's attention but he must have realized what I was doing or something because he dragged me to the bed and started peeling my dress up I was crying, begging him to stop, trying to scream but I don't even think he could hear me over the hand he had over my mouth. He moved his hand just the slightest bit and I bite it, hard. He yelled out "You bitch," at the same time I yelled, "Help!" He was about to back-hand me when somebody came in and tackled him off me. I didn't get to see who my savior was or even thank them because I promptly passed out.

I remember feeling like I was being carried and suddenly I was in a very comfy bed. There was a presence next to me but then I heard a door open and the presence retreated. I started to come to a little more and heard voices outside the door. "What happened?" Asked a familiar feminine voice.

"I heard her scream so I busted open the door and the jackass had her dress pushed up while she had tears streaming down her face while she was hyperventilating." I know that voice too but for some reason, I can't place the male or female talking outside the door and I can't seem to open my eyes either. "I wanted to kill him for what he was doing to her but the hyperventilating must have made her faint because when I looked at her to tell her to get out she was passed out so I brought her here. I don't know what to do I want to stay here with her but I want to go kill Rodriguez more."

"You can't do either J and you know it. Being here when she wakes up might cause her more stress because even though she acts and says she is fine, I don't believe her. As for Anthony Rodriguez, if you get into another fight the dean might kick you off the football team and you'll be devastated." As I begin to pass out again I recognize the feminine voice is Isabelle I can't place the male voice but she called him Jay and apparently, he plays football. I think about that as I fall into a deep slumber.