Chapter 14- Other Problems

3 months later and 3,625 miles away.

Josette's P.O.V.

I look around the house I have lived in since I was three years old one more time before turning around and walking out forever. It's going to be odd moving from Paris to New York but there is nothing keeping me here and the bad memories here are worse than the ones from New York. I know going to school in America will be different and even more difficult since I haven't been to school in six months but I had to stay in Paris to pack and make funeral arrangements before I left. I don't want to go to that stupid school and I don't want to dredge up those horrendous memories but it's what my dads wanted and now that they are gone it's the least I can do. I get to the airport just as they are boarding. I go to my first class seat and wait for take-off. When the plane is up in the air I watch as the city I grew up in disappears and I wonder if I'll miss it. I didn't miss New York after I left. Maybe bad memories make it easier. Or maybe broken things just can't feel emotions. Maybe that's why I still haven't cried over my dads even after 5 months. Maybe I truly was broken all along.

A/N: Hey guys I know this chapter is super short but I really wanted to introduce Josette the final main character in this book and the only one I own. I hope you guys like the character and I don't completely screw this up! XOXO ~Jess😘😘