#1 She is the lowest-ranked student

Ella.

It is basic knowledge and common sense not to ask a  lady about her age and a man about his salary. So my simple question  is; why don't we follow the same principle about the percentage of a  student?

I pressed the back arrow immediately and went offline after reading Mama's message asking about my semester marks.

It's not like it will be any surprise to her, I just want to postpone the unpleasantness that comes with it.

I put down my phone, grabbed my bag and walked out. It's time for  breakfast and I should be especially careful about my behaviour a few  days so as to compensate for my bad performance at the last exams.

I sat down for breakfast and placed the napkin on my lap.

I took the fork in my left hand, knife in the right and started to eat.

Even though I am the only one seated at this huge dining table, I am forced to follow all the rules every day as my Mama doesn't want me to be an  "uncivilised lady".

As soon as I finished breakfast, I folded the napkin and placed it to my left and got up.

"Cinderella,"

I tried not to cringe at the name as my "Etiquette teacher" Sara walked inside the room.

"The car is here to take you," She told me and I smiled sweetly at the woman who has been torturing me all this years by teaching me 'manners'.

She stays with me whenever my Mama is outside for long business trips.

"Thank you, Sara." I told her formally and walked out.

My Driver, Uncle Jose, was already holding the door open for me and I got inside, thanking him.

He closed the door after me and I sat in the seat straight while the car moved forward.

I waited until I was out of the gate and slumped down and sighed.

"Text me when your classes get over, I will come and -"

"Please, Uncle," I whined, "I am not going to school! I can find my way home!" I said.

That's right.

I am 22 years old and a second-year student in the best Engineering college in Bangalore. My major is computer science.

"Cinderella-"

"Call me Ella, Uncle Jose." I said angrily.

If there's one thing that I hate the most in this world, It's the name-Cinderella!

Apparently, my Mama and Papa were so much in love when they named me after this fairy tale princess. Even though they got divorced later, I am still stuck  with this stupid name.

No one can ever imagine how it feels to be  named after a fairytale Princess, people learn your name quickly and you  can't ever get into any trouble.

They tease you, stare at you and talk behind your back.

It has also caused my seniors to single me out and pick on me after joining the college.

So all in all- I am not very happy with my name.

"Your Mama will be home today, don't get into trouble," Uncle Jose brought me back to the present.

"Yea," I said slowly.

She's coming back after a month, She was on a business trip this time and I  don't want to disappoint her.