Chapter 17: Behind Us

"I'm sorry." Namjoon starts right when I pick up the call. "I'm sorry that I'm a wimp and couldn't just talk to you when we were younger about the situation at hand. I was just.... so naive and I just.... i was scared that I'd ruin the friendship we had." He continues.

"Namjoon..." I say, rubbing my temple. "Friendship doesn't just fade away for me alright?"

He looks up at me, scared to death what I would have to say next.

"I cared for you, and I still do now. My feelings don't just fade away just because I can't see you as often as I would regularly. Even if you hated me, I'd still care about you. What you were doing and what happened to you, it's okay.  Alright?" I explain, letting him relax a little bit. "But it doesn't really make up for what you did to us back then."

"I know, I know. And I told you, I promise to make it up to you." Namjoon pleads, "lets just... put the past behind us. If that's okay with you?"

"That's...perfect." I say.

. . .

"Do you think the song would need this kind of beat?" Namjoon asks, turning to me.

We were currently in his studio, the morning after our talk, working on an album we were collaborating in.

"I think it needs this." I say, walking up to his computer, making a new sound.

He smiles.

"That's genius Taina." I smile at him, and flip my hair.

"I know." He giggles and continues his work.

"So I think your lyrics and my music will definitely make a world known album, don't you think?"

I nod in agreement.

"At least hopefully." I say, getting up from the chair and stretching.

We become quiet again. With the distance between us for the past years, we learned that talking wasn't the same as it was back then. Everything didn't come out as easy as it used to be.

"Hey uh, Taina?" Namjoon says, breaking the silence. I look up at him.

"Yeah?"

He was quiet again, seeming to gather his thoughts and go over what he wanted to say. He cleared his throat and started again.

"Let me take you to dinner today."