1

Everything happens for a reason, right? One bad thing occur so a good thing can come through. Or is that just plain hope for a meaning of this life? I always wanted to think like that. If I did something wrong or right, I knew karma would repay me one way or another.
However, when I thought about my dad and mom who god knows where shooting up who god knows what into their veins, I didn't understand how karma would repay me with that or if I even deserved it.
Thoughts would wander around if I was an absolutely asshole in some early life and this was the only way to get back at me.
To that my uncle used to say that my little brother or I didn't deserve a pair of drug addicts as parents but the thoughts still crossed my mind.

Anyhow, my name is Elizabeth Perkins.
I know it's stupid to introduce myself like that but who gives a shit, right?
So, my name is Elizabeth Perkins and I just finished high school.
The all throwing the graduation hats in the air and polite handshakes with the teachers and the principal were over. I was officially done with high school and it felt both amazing and terrifying.
Mary and her boyfriend, Tyler felt the same. As they had said but I could tell they were excited to spend a year around in Europe together, being a complete cliche. But in a cute way.
"Damn, I'm going to miss you two sugar canes so much," I said, swallowing the urge to burst out crying.
Mary pouted and pulled me in for a hug and soon enough Tyler joined in.
"You guys made me survive three years of torture, I will be forever grateful,"
Tyler laughed and so did Mary.
"You are so dramatic! But right back at ya, bro,"
We stopped hugging.
"You're going to the party tonight? Since it's last time we probably going to see these assholes we might as well just go,"
Mary looked at me, waiting for me to answer.
"Who's going?"
"Probably like the whole school,"
And the whole school meant Liam too.
"I don't feel like seeing Liam,"
They nodded in silence, knowing damn well why.
And I'll tell you why but not yet.

"Betty, we'll be by your side all night and I throw a punch if he even tries to do anything,"
"Please don't call me that-"
"I'll stop if you come with us,"
I shot her defeated look but as I was about to give in, I heard a distant sound of my uncle shouting out my name.
"I'll think about it," I shot them a thumbs up and Mary just rolled her eyes.
"It's not that much to think about,"

Instead of answering, I waved goodbye and went up to uncle Ben and my brother, Eric.
Eric took a snap of me and I quickly did a pose.
"Put that on your story, big bro,"
"Sure thing, Lil sis,"

When we both were much younger, Eric accidentally called me Lil sister and after that, it was becoming a sort of a habit to switch.
The age difference wasn't high. He was only 1-year younger so when we had gotten to this age, we were very close and in like a best friend way.

Uncle Ben put his arms around me and Eric's neck before saying,
"Let's get home and invite our neighbors to a barbecue party,"
We all laughed. It was our joke since we pretty much couldn't stand our neighbors.

My room has never been this empty. Sure as I grew up I had fewer things but now it looked like a guest room.
There wasn't a hint that there had been a teenager living in this room.
The white walls that had pictures all over were now empty and bare.
The desk had some pens left but all the sketches were gone.
However, the shelves still had books.
"You're not bringing your book with you, nerd?"
Eric asked, not looking up from his phone.
"Nope, why bring the books you've already read?"
Eric only shrugged,
"Decoration, I suppose?"
I shook my head...
"I got plenty of time to fill my shelf or desk with books when I get there,"
"True that, Lil sis,"
I had texted Mary and Tyler in our messenger chat that I'll skip the party so I would get plenty of sleep till tomorrow.
I got two 'okay' and a 'sleep tight' with a heart emoji in the end.

After successfully throwing Eric out of the room, I went under the covers and off to dreamland.