Prologue

Reader POV

Walking out the airport,I searched the crowd of people for my longtime friend,Ava.
Spotting her short figure behind the clusters of people,I grabbed my baby-blue suitcase and squeezed past:other travellers,taxi drivers and travellers' friends and family. Appearing before Ava,I began beaming uncontrollably and swiftly pulled her into a hug. Responding to the immediate contact,(that we often shared when we saw each-other) she hugged back.

Me and her were always together and often treated each other as siblings.We always remained together,despite our hardships in life and our miniature squabbles about the best cereal. I was distressed and annoyed,when my family moved away,yet now I'm excited to be reunited with my best friend.We became best friends in an instant but it was difficult considering I was a year younger than her in school, meaning I had less time to work and save money like she could.Though the time was an issue,I managed to get a part-time-job and move here.

So here I am....

An hour later

Setting my suitcase beside the tail  of Ava's bed,I began to unpack.I used her excess wardrobe space to put my abundance of clothing,putting my:dresses,t-shirts and skirts in the wardrobe,trousers,shorts and accessories in the drawer and three pairs of shoes under the bed.After unpacking the majority of my things,I picked up my toiletries and makeup,putting them in an organised fashion,in the bathroom.

Pushing my suitcase underneath the bed ,alongside the cascade of shoes,I grabbed my phone-which had lilac,kawaii cat phone case.Plopping myself onto Ava's bed,I scrolled through my contacts to find Ava's number.Previously(when she let me into her house), Ava eagerly left,notifying me of the anime shop in town having a miniature sale.

Knowing her,Ava could remain there for hours,spending way too much time looking through overpriced anime merchandise and cute plush toys.Though I love anime as much as Ava,I refuse to spend so much time on something so expensive that I couldn't buy.Despite this fact,Ava always loved that store;so did I!

When Ava finally picked up the phone,she notified me to:"meet her at the store and buy food shopping afterwards"and quickly hanging up ,without realising I had no clue where the store actually was.Searching up the term'anime store',I got basic directions that mentioned it only being an eight minute walk to the nearest anime shop.Picking up the keys Ava left for me on the kitchen counter,I grabbed them and headed out towards the store.

Opening the shop door ,the metal jingle was left unheard by the mass amount of people.Instantly regretting my decision to walk in the shop I texted Ava and waited outside,continuing the rest of my day...