Chapter 19 & episode 19

Your POV

Getting a text from Lorelai,which i inferred that Ava got too,I realised that we were both invited to the fall festival.I would like to go,since I'd never been to one before,but I knew that Ava wouldn't enjoy it.Plus,it mentioned meeting some people from Ava's high school,who I never met,due to not going to the same high school as her.I knew,like mine,Ava's high school experience wasn't good.I knew this because,along with Calum,Ava was my texting buddy.We didn't have many friends.Due to this,I didn't want to resurface any horrific memories or create a bad atmosphere.

Leaving everyone behind to meet Calum to do pumpkin carving-due  my excessive begging,I left a note at the door.Getting picked up by Calum,I waited outside the apartment complex.

"Hey Calum."I waved,as he parked up.

Getting into his car,I apologised:"Hey,I'm sorry you always have to pick me up.What did you want to do?"

Firmly nodding,he replied:"You know my little sister right?"

Shifting towards him,I replied:"The one who's not so little anymore.The one that loves Halloween,right?

Playfully punching me on the shoulder,he pouted:"Stop stealing my thunder.Anyways,she's going to a Halloween party soon and wants to get a costume.I know we were planning to do something else but I wondered if you'd go to the town with us to get one..."

Smiling in awe at his adorable love for his sister,I agreed:"Sure."

Gripping the steering wheel,we dove off.He replied:"Thanks,you know what she is like.I tried to tell her we were hanging out but,when I mentioned you,she wanted to see you again.The last time she saw you,she was nine.Nine,and she still remembers you.She then begged to see you..."

"Well,you know,if I didn't agree,you'd just have to ditch her and that wouldn't be great...Plus,I would like to see her too.She's sixteen now,right?Am I right?Please say I'm right..."I guessed,praying for it to be a correct answer.

"Yeah.Now I look back,that was ages ago.We're so different now..."he began.

Continuing,he joked:"She might not even recognise you."

"I didn't even think she'd remember me.That's an improvement.",I reasoned,folding my arms.

"Yeah,I suppose."he huffed.

I questioned,unfolding my arms:"So,which shopping centre are we going to?"

"Just the one near my house,Sophie is at mine right now.She's staying over tonight,since it's a three hour drive."he replied.

"She's staying over yours?And she's there right now?What if she is throwing a party right now?What if one of your crazy 'girlfriends' comes over?Oh no."I gasped.

He responded:"First,the party thing,she doesn't have any friends near here.Secondly,I haven't been seeing any lately.I let them down slowly..."

And so the whole explanation came into play.We always could talk freely and that resulted in each-other accidentally telling each-other everything,literally everything.Sometimes,it was pretty good for our mental health and other times it caused a full mental breakdown.Despite all that,Calum never seemed to cry,maybe once of twice,but you could still tell when he was upset.In many ways,his reaction to many things is pretty good.His words seem to flood out,in the form of a rant,and(though completely confusing at first)you learn to know his reason for anger.