Chapter 9

Hey,I decided to do something a little different than different chapters.I decided to do some sort of  regular chapter that isn't based from an episode.

Your POV

I always knew I wasn't enough.Everyone has always been nicer,prettier,smarter and better than me.Even though he was a fake boyfriend,he had a job to at least fake not abandoning me.Even with the obligation,I'll never be enough.Thats the way it is and it will always be.I hate it.Its easy to say that I always had more trouble with making friends than Ava did,though I always cared more and put in more effort than she did.To even be friends with Ava,I had to follow her around for weeks!

Rushing out the restaurant,leaving a ten dollar bill behind,I called the only other person I knew,who lived nearby.Tears pricked my eyes,as I dialled the number.A ringing noise echoing in my ear,I tried to regain my happy facade.Answering,my friend asked:"Hey,y/n,What do you need?"

Trying to muffle my quiet sobs,I mumbled:"C-could you um pick me up?"

Not hearing me properly,they questioned:"What?"

Letting out a shaky breath,I spoke up:"Sorry,I have a favour to ask.I know we were going to meet up and have a nice time but I-I need someone right now.Its fine if your busy but if your free could you pick me up.I just don't want too be alone..."

Realising that I'm upset,they swiftly agreed:"sure,one minute."

Waiting patiently on the phone,I could hear quiet noises in the background.One or two minutes later,I heard a final bang and heavy breathing-probably from rushing around.They exclaimed:"I'm in the car now.Where are you?"

Letting out a small giggle,I explained:"r/n(random name)pizzeria.You don't have to rush around for me,thanks..."

The roaring of the car engine emerging from the tiny device,they assured me:"Yeah,that's what friends do.I be there in a minute-it's super close to my apartment actually."

I chuckled again:"Don't pass the speed limit though.",before the call ended.

Standing outside,I saw the full gang of daemons emerge from the pizzeria.Trying to hide myself from pure embarrassment,I looked away.Sadly,they had a short conversation outside the door,before coming to me.Flustered,I wiped my tears,hoping they would be unobservant enough to not notice.Arriving before me,Leif asked,complete determination in his voice:"If you were Ava,who would you choose?You'd pick me right?"

As there were looking to me,eagerly waiting for my answer,I replied:"I don't know.But to have so many guys wanting to date her,she should certainly make her happy!Your all cool people but I-"

Suddenly hearing a large beep come from my friends horn,I looked behind to him and smiled.I continued:"But I would pick that",pointing to my friend,"over you."

Leaving the guys with flabbergasted faces,I walked to my friends car.He was a friend I made during middle school,despite being a year older,and we swiftly became best friends.Unlike other people,we stayed in touch,after he moved to a different high school and town.Also,we resulted in Skypeing almost every week,helping each other with our problems,as much as possible.When I moved in with Ava,seeing him was one of this things I was super excited for.Annoyingly,during all the problems,with the daemons,all my excitement was replaced with stress!

Trying to smile,I looked to him,before being pulled into a tight hug.He asked softly,almost a whisper:"Are you okay?Who were those guys?"

Hugging back,tears dripped down my face.I whispered:"I'll be okay.Im sorry..."

Letting go,he looked to me,sympathy in his eyes.Suddenly,the car started and we sat in a comforting silence.I thought he deserved to know the reason why I was like this.I propped my feet onto the car seat,curling myself into a ball.I began:"Its not really important but thanks for caring.I did a fake date and got ditched for my friend.I suppose I just thought I wouldn't get ditched because he had to be there for reasons but I suppose I'm never good enough...Do you want to know everything,even though I'd sound crazy?"

He shakily nodded and I continued:"So,these daemos came from another world.Actually,you wouldn't really believe me."

He parked the car,leaned back and hesitantly asked:"Can you tell me everything?Oh,and...there's a complication..at my house.."

Understanding what he was suggesting,I exclaimed:"There's a girl there...Am I right?"

He nodded.You see Calum(my friend) was a player.I already knew this but I also knew he wouldn't do anything to me so I was completely safe.He let out a breath and said:"She's still in the house and she's stuck there till I get back.I can kick her out for you?"

I giggled,unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the car door:"Have I got competition?I really want to see her reaction and she probably needs to get home so let's go.Also,can you show my the way to your apartment."

We left the car and walked toward his apartment,going up one set of stairs.Reaching the door,he hesitantly unlocked it.Noticing his reluctance,I encouraged:"okay,how about we put on a show for her.Huh?"

Knowing the plan,he unlocked the door and opened it to see a girl,with short crimson hair that went to her shoulders and a black mini dress and black heels.She was pretty yet was most-likely at least five or ten years older than us.Looking to her stirs eyes, I innocently asked:"Babe,what's this woman doing in your apartment?She's very ugly isn't she?"

Calum turned to me agreeing:"I know baby.She looks really weird wearing that at this time of day!"

Fury was radiating off the woman,who grabbed a small purse from the table next to her and screeched:"He's cheating on you.And your really ugly!Hmph!",before stomping down the hall.

Probably disturbing the neighbours,I assured her:"Sorry,lady.We're not dating and your very pretty!Have a nice day!"

Walking into the room,I could only look to the hideous mess of an apartment he had.I smirked:"Is this my fault or do you live like this."

He turned to me,grabbing two diet cokes from the fridge and setting them on the clustered table.Clueless,he looked to me,asking:"Live like what?"

Sighing,I exclaimed:"I'll help you clean.After all,I can't have my best friend living like this!"

Then,I began grabbing bin bags for rubbish and cloths from a random shelf,throwing him one in the process.He groaned,requesting:"Only if you tell me what happened,"

I smiled:"Of course."And so we began our clean...

Through the time,I explained,probably sounding insane:"Me and Ava are living with those guys you saw before.But they're not human.They have horns and they have magic-"

Suddenly,they all appeared through the wall,with annoyed facial expressions.I looked to Calum,in worry.Would he be okay?His face was twisted in a surprise and shock.I rushed to him,dropping my cloth on the table.Stuttering,he asked:"A-Am I hallucinating,y/n?Are these the people you were talking about?What do they want?"

I turned to them,setting Calum on the couch.I asked,my eyes begging for a reason:"Why are you here?Why are you trying to scare him?He's my friend and I don't want you to trouble him..."

Asch stepped forth,stating:"You were going to tell him and he might have tried to kill us.Also,we wanted to 'check him out',who is a better suitor than us."

I snapped,my mental state crashing down:"I would much rather marry him than you guys but Ava is a different story.Ava wouldn't date a player like him so you don't have to 'check him out'."I whimpered:"Go so Ava,please.Ill never be enough..."

Suddenly,Asch picked me up and dragged me through the portal.Why me?Everyone was obediently following behind him...

This is where is gets interesting....Please comment story suggestions💜
Please tell me your thoughts on a chapter like this...I really don't know if you'd like it or not...I love the addition of this new character and am excited to see how he will affect the storyline!😁