4. Don't Underestimate

"So you are the creator of dangerous weapons?"

After what had happened, Howard explained to herwhy he is the target of the dangerous enemy known as Hydra and all about it.She wondering if there is female army but to her surprise he just laughed and said that is impossible to have women sending to war. Most of the women were weak and fear or few of them became nurses and medics.

"Yep." He stood up from the sofa, "If you need anything, I'll be in my lab."

He genuinely told her to stay at his house and make herself at home, he honestly felts a bit lonely and rarely had a guest at home to have another life other then Jarvis and himself.

Also, that is the only rare for him to felt genuinely... honest.

He usually covered it up with fake smile. He was wondering why he show this side to Layla, a stranger who came from another planet. Maybe... he could make a change? Maybe just for once... he needs a friend.

A real friend.

4 Months later

"Are you sure you want her to go?" Howard asks, while pacing back and forth in anxious.

Dr.Erskine watching him in amuse at his behavior. This is the first time he saw the other side of him, being so concern other then himself and surprisingly he was very concern about Layla. The woman who he took her in as his little sister few months ago and treat her special only just for her.

Why was he so worried about?

Well, today is the day Layla will be assign in her first mission. Mission to bring back their comrades were MIA. Dr.Erskine had put her name in the Army without Howard's permission of course and when he found out, he was over reacted saying she will be hurt or missing or worst be dead! But Layla comforted him that she will be ABSOLUTELY fine and WILL come back home safe in one piece, much to his denial but he accepted... for now.

He and Layla shared their stories together. Getting know each other and slowly, they both become close this passed few months. She was bless with godlike strength, speed and healing power. Howard is the only one who can keep secret about her and he intend to keep it safe.

Dr.Erskine saw her potential and doesn't want to waste that. Her youth, her will to fight and protect, he want to show the world that not only men but women can fight the war alongside them and he also convinced Colonel Phillip.

Colonel Philip doesn't believe him at first but when he saw Layla jumped up high and land on the ground with superhuman strength, he finally convinced that maybe... she is their first steps towards victory.