9. Bad feeling

"How was your head?"

Layla asks, her right hand wiped the gauze a little with antidote at his cheekbone and her left hand gently beside his head, which unnoticeable blue aura slowly heals his mind. When they finally arrived home safe and sound, Steve went to the meeting to discuss about Hydra's plans while Layla immediately took Bucky to the infirmary.

"Messed up." He breathes out, rubbing his eyes. "Didn't expect they would brainwash me soon... Lucky Steve was there on time."

Humming to herself, standing in front of him as she bends her body slightly to take a closer look at his wounded face. Without her even realize, he is now staring at her and enjoying himself watching her face shows genuine concern about his wellbeing. 'God, how can she still be single when she is absolutely stunning. If no one makes a move, sooner or later I will—' The sound of someone knocking the door interrupt his train of thought.

The door opened reveal Steve looking worried at first before he saw Bucky in the room with Layla, his expression change into a smile for two reasons, Bucky is looking fully healed and greeted by Layla's smile. Closing the door behind him, nervously looking at her before he talks his best pal. "Feeling better?"

"More than better." He smirks, stood up from the bed and wraps his arm around Steve's shoulder. "Still surprised you're taller now, punk."

He laughed, "A lot has changed since you left."

"More like missing-in-action left"

Layla washed her hands, turns around to talk to them while wiping her hands with her handkerchief, "If you are done talking, might as well the both of you leave this room or you will be late for the celebration."

Steve steps forward, "Actually... I was planning on recruiting a few soldiers in my team. And that's including you, Layla." Their eyes staring at each other while he reaches his hand for a handshake.

She looks down at his hand and grabbed it with a nod of acknowledgment, "Thought you would never ask, Cap." Her lips lit up slightly, "Although, you underestimated me back there."

Scratching the back of his head, he blushed in embarrassed, "Still doesn't believe a woman like you could fight until I saw it with my own eyes."

Bucky laughs out loud, pulling the two of them together in a group hug as he speaks, "Told ya! She is one hell of a fighter! How about we all go together and grab something to drink? Sounds good?" They chuckle, for the first time feeling comfortable and enjoyable in each other arms. Steve wishes they could stay like this forever, it's been awhile he feels happiness.