7. Déjà vu

To say he felt discriminated was an understanding because his own team stares at him mockingly or insulting him due to he was the only short guy in the training camp. Some would avoid him or had to do nothing about him, when he fell from the robe climbing while the others just laughing at him for being careless.

They discourage him, saying he should give up from trying it.

But he ignored them.

He doesn't care what they think off him and he will still keep trying.

There was that one time he wanted to give up, feeling whole of his body was desperately tired and breathless. That was until he heard someone cheering for him as he lifted his head up to see the beautiful female soldier while raising her fist up.

"Come on, shorty! Don't let them discourage you!"

He smile at her, blushing slightly and her cheering makes his stomach feel funny yet happy at the same time. At least someone give him hope to never give up. There was a time when she would rush to him, placing her comfort hand on his shoulder and gave him a bottle of mineral water. She keeps saying comfort words and sometimes supports him, unknown to him when she had place her hand on his shoulder or touch him a ray of blue aura soothing into his body and muscle system.

No one know this but he admit to himself that he admire the woman in front of him.

She doesn't judge his height, his weak appearance or even his health but she give him hope and encourage him to move forward to achieve his goals and dreams. He knew about himself he doesn't know how to talk to women properly and he expect every one of them would either glare at him with disgust or ignore him. Yet, Layla is different. She acknowledge everyone equally, rich or poor, high position or low, she just doesn't care about everyone's career or power.

True he had the slight interest for Peggy Carter but to him, Layla is much more.

"Are you alright, little fella?"

He chuckle while breathless before stood up from the ground, his dirty appearance never cast to amuse her. "Is this also a test?" Lift his head up, grinned slightly at her which she respond the same.

She was proud at the moment the Colonel throw the fake grenade at the middle of their training, Steve without thinking he just immediately threw himself and cover it with his body, prepare to die until when nothing happens.

People who saw the event were in shocked and speechless. He just literally threw himself to protect everyone! Even though it was a fake grenade. Colonel Philip just stares at Dr.Eskine in speechless. Layla could just smirks at him with a nod of approve.

Nodding her head, "I admit, you have a strong heart." Staring at the other recruit, "But none of them are like you." Looking back at him with a gently smile, "Tomorrow will be a big day for you. Remember to have a goodnight sleep." Waving her hand before she turn to leave the training ground with the Colonel and few soldiers.

'A big day, huh?' He wonder himself in curious. Maybe just another training season..

On that night, since he was the only one in the room and that was when a certain doctor scientist came to visit him, having few conversations and informed him about the big day.