5. Codename: Saber

Year 1942

Time passed by.

The news spreads quickly around the America about the first female fighter. At first, people come to believed it was just a joke but when the news kept on updating about the MIA of their soldiers returning home, alive and safe, they slowly believed that female soldier is truly brave and a strong fighter.

Selling newspapers, people began to read and were excited at the news about the savior. Layla Prince was her name. Her picture spread all around in the newspapers.

They were confused of why such a beautiful lady joined the war to fight. She could be a model or a singer but a soldier? Never in their history to allow women to become soldiers. So, how can she become one? Everyone admire her, including a certain blonde hair guy was inspired by her bravery for showing the world that a woman can fight.

"Remember what I told you earlier? Do not—"

She cut him, "Yeah, yeah, I got it. Do not talk to stranger or any suspicious man." She sighing, "You don't have to told me twice, Howard. I am very capable of taking care of myself."

He opened the taxi door from behind, turns around to look at her in weary before reach his hand out to messing up her hair causing her to groan in annoyed. "Are you sure you don't want me to company you? Like helping you carry few bags or—"

"Howard!"

"Alright, alright... Geez." Rising his hands in surrender. "Just... come back home before dinner, okay?"

She kissed his cheek softly, as she steps back and smile at him, "Do not worry, Howard." Pushing him into the taxi backseat and close the door gently, "Concern about yourself first."

As the taxi leave her, she could see the worry face of him staring at the window looking at her. After getting to know him better for these past 2 years, she knew how lonely he was without anyone to talk to. Personally and he is so protective of her since the last time she was sent on suicide mission, fear she might never come back home again.