24. Missed

It seemed like the start of something new.

Something would change.

Malibu, California

Returning from a mission in England, it was very hectic to say dealing with another terrorist and unknown supernatural enemy but luckily for The Shield, they sent the right person to do the job. Even though it took 2 years for her to completely take out the enemies, she managed to avoid getting hurt....somehow.

And also, she'd met her little sister, Diana Prince, surprised to see her there working in one of the Art Company and living a normal life, hidden her identity. It was a happy reunion for the both sisters, for Diana to think Layla was dead but was very glad and happy to see she is alive and healthy. She told her sister about the sorrow and rage of their mother had lashed out for the King of Asgard.

Although, people of Amazonian didn't know the real cause of her 'death', so Layla told Diana the truth and to say her sister was furious is understandable. She will never forgive Odin of what he had done to Layla. After their long conversation, Layla told Diana promise not to tell their mother about this conversation. Layla wanted to be the only one to speak directly to the Queen of Amazon alone.

She stays for another year after got confirmation from Fury, spending her time with Diana is hard since it's been so many years she has lost track of time living in Earth.

A year has passed, she returned to Stark's current warehouse which is now located at Malibu, California. She planned to make a surprise return just wanting to see how Tony will react for not coming home for 3 years. Stands in front of the door, she placed her hand at the screen as it scans her hand and soon heard a familiar robotic voice speak.

"Welcome back, Lady Prince."

She smiles at the screen as the door opened for her to enter, "It's good to be home, Jarvis. Where is Tony?"

"In his basement. Should I inform Mr.Stark of your arrival?"

"No. Let it be a surprise." She walks downstairs just to see 2 women talks at the centre of the living room. She only knew Pepper Potts but finding another strange woman in the house is very common to see.

"I've got your clothes here. They've been dry-cleaned and pressed and there's a car waiting for you outside that will take you anywhere you'd like to go." Pepper explained, after she takes a glance at the entrance door saw Layla and act as if she doesn't notice, just to make the strange lady unnoticed of her presence from behind her. The blonde lady makes her way toward Pepper, her attitude is what Layla's dislike. She acts as if she claims this house and everything.

"You must be the famous Pepper Potts."

"Indeed I am." Pepper simply answered.

The blondie grabs her clothes from Pepper as she said, "After all these years, Tony still has you picking up the dry-cleaning. "

Pepper keeps her smile like a professional, "I do anything and everything that Mr and Mrs Stark requires, including occasionally taking out the trash. Will that be all?"