22. Mysterious Man

No matter where you are,

If you wish to see me,

I will surely find you.

Until the time comes,

Please trust me and wait for me.

My heart belongs to you. Only you.

You are the most important person in my life.

11 months ago

The time she left the Stark mansion just to visit a certain friend of hers..

...or so she thought.

Finally arrived at her destination, the Kamar-Taj. A hidden place for only a few people knows about it, a place where those who are worthy and chosen to learn about the mystic arts. Long story short, Layla and the master of the mystic arts are close friends. The day when they first encountered each other when Frigga introduced Layla with the ancient one.

Layla sat comfortably at the meditate room while waiting for her friend. It's been a while she came to this place and the atmosphere is somehow a bit hazy to say but nevertheless, the magic is very strong but not strong as hers.

"It's good to see you are doing well, Layla." A feminine voice spoke from behind.

She turns around to meet the Ancient One with a gentle smile. "Nice to see you too."

Taking a seat in front of her while a young man serves them a cup of tea and bow with respect before leaving the room. It was silent at first, a comfortable silence and Layla began to speak. "I... came here to say thank you for saving me in Poland."

"You don't have to thank me. You are after all like a daughter to me, Layla." The ancient one took a few sips of her tea, "It's my duty to protect you... besides," her eyes slowly glance at Layla's abdomen. "... losing another life is too precious."

Layla blinked her eyes in confusion. "Another life? What are you talking about? You already know that I can heal myself."

She shook her head, "Yes, I know. You can heal yourself but it can't heal the unborn child."

The cup in her hand slips from her grasps, fell to the floor causing it to scatters into pieces as her whole body paralyzes after heard what the Ancient One had just told her. "What..." Her mouth parted, breathless and her eyes widen in shocked. Her hands unconsciously touch her abdominal area.

The Ancient One stares at her, "I am sorry. I thought you knew about this."

"No... I didn't know that... I was..." Layla sighed, placing her hand to her mouth trying to calm herself.