Chapter One-The Appreciation

"Walk!"

"Walk!"

His voice cuts across the pool as the boy skids to a halt. Even behind his Ray Bans his icy glare can be felt. The boy nods and walks—very slowly—to the edge of the pool before jumping in.

Most people envy how he can make even the most rowdy of kids listen to him. It's not that hard, growing up with rules and knowing how to get people to listen has perks. He sits back in his chair scanning the half full pool. Girls giggle around him as he flicks his hair out of his eyes. His pale skin, slightly tanned from hours out in the sun, and the platinum blond hair on his head glint in the sun. His arms rest bored on the armrest of his uncomfortable wooden seat. Although, with the way he's sitting you'd think it was a throne.

It's an easy job, sitting outside getting a tan watching people swim and making sure they don't do something stupid like drown themselves. He's about halfway through the day, nothing too exciting has happened just a few scrapes and bruises. It would be a lot easier to fix if he could use magic, but sadly muggles surround him so he has to do it the hard way. It's almost time to move and go on a much needed break. He's only been sitting out there for a good hour and a half.

"Hey!" He shouts, "no diving! Can't you read?"

He rolls his eyes as the kid surfaces after doing a bellyflop. Not his fault, don't do stupid things in front of him. The kid swims around the pool, his bright red stomach sticking out like a sore thumb.

A loud laugh rings in his head as the locker room doors open. It's a familiar laugh but he doesn't care to remember from who.

"Watch this!" That voice sounds hauntingly familiar too, he wants to look and see who it is, but some boy jumped into the pool and it looks like he can't get back to the surface.

"Fuck." He whispers before blowing his whistle and jumping off the seat into the clear waters. The cool water would feel nice on his burnt skin, if the situation happened to be different. His guard tube is held tightly under his arms as he swims to the small boy. Grabbing him and pulling him to the surface he finally lets out the breath he was holding. His sunglasses float next to him and he quickly grabs them before hoisting the boy out of the water and on to dry land.

The little boy coughs and his mother finally appears to realize her son is missing.

"Oh! Teddy! Don't run off like that again! Your grandmother is going to have a fit." The soft brunette waves and the caramel eyes lock onto the silver eyed man holding the boy, Teddy, as he carries him out of the water. By the looks of it, it's not his mother.

"Oh thank you so much, I'm sorry, he likes to think he can do anything... Malfoy? Is that you?" Draco holds the shivering boy to his chest, it finally clicks as he stares at the woman. Not just any woman though, Hermione Granger.

"Ah, Granger what a surprise." Draco lets down the small boy who runs over to Hermione. Hermione looks nice, a fitting bikini and toned stomach. Maybe he'd appreciate it if he wasn't completely bent and the fact that he still thinks she's a know it all.