Chapter 1

"The murders of last night is still unknown to us on who it could be, we advice people to please stay inside after dark and to not enter the woods"

It's been 2 years since Toby was declared dead, two years since he managed to escape his old life and live his new one for his boss, the man with no face.

"Please know that were doing everything we can to bring justice to the families involved"

Even though the police investigation on him was closed, he somehow managed to grab the attention of the police. Causing them to once again reopen the case on a mysterious murder in the woods. Toby wasn't surprised, he was lazy that night. Lazyness lead to him almost getting caught and now he's paying the price with more security in the town.

His boss wasn't happy with him and as punishment, Toby is now forced to take out the one who re-opened his case. Which to say the least, was going to be hard knowing there's more people around him now.

Toby was currently watching the television on a woman who was making statements on the case and how she promised to bring him down.

She was his target.

A new recruit named (Y/N) (L/N), she was the new face on the force who is now in charge on his case. Toby studied her, her entire personality could be shown through her movements alone. A bold personality, who seemed very confident in herself.

Toby hates her.

Or at least he thinks he does. Toby couldn't help but notice he felt something towards this girl. (Y/N) seems so weirdly fascinating towards him. Was it because he knows she's his next target? Or was it something else?

At the end of the day he knew that it didn't mattered. She's the reason why the Boss is displeased with him. Toby knows now that he shouldn't make him mad. After all, it was him who gave Toby a new start. He helped him feel more alive. He didn't have feelings anymore.

Although Toby would be lying if he said he wasn't lonely and that she was interesting.

~~~

(Y/N) walked down the hallway of the station with files on a few suspects. She was going home for the night and she decided to take some files to look over them to eliminate a few. Her hair is tied neatly behind her as she swayed back and forth as she walked outside.

"Wait (Y/N)!"

(Y/N) turned around to see another of the new recruits, a young man named Trent. He was only a year older than her but they both entered the force at the same time.

"I was wondering if you're not busy later tonight? We could go out to eat or something...it doesn't have to be a date or anything," he rambled

(Y/N) smiled and apologize. "Sorry, but you know I need to work on this case-,"

"But you could use a night off," he insisted, not realizing he cut her off.

She again smiled and declined. (Y/N) turned around to walk to her car until she heard him shout again.

"Well...uh...have a nice night?" He said in a confused tone.

(Y/N) turned around and smiled again, "Same to you Trent, see you tomorrow,"

She wave and got inside her car. Looked in one of her mirrors and saw that Trent went back inside to work his night shift.

It wasn't that (Y/N) didn't find Trent attractive, he was a good looking blonde with stunning blue eyes. It's just the job comes first in her eyes. She's still young she can have time for dates later.

~~~

Toby watched the whole ordeal play out. He wondered how someone could be so desperate to keep insisting on a date that was clear she wasn't interested in.

Toby was sitting on top of another building next to the police station. He was studying his new victim, wanting to learn her schedule to know when a good time to take her out would be.

But at the same time he wasn't expecting THAT to play out.

Toby watched and saw her movements in trying to be polite. He couldn't help himself but grumble at the blonde, feeling something strange in his stomach. Why couldn't he just leave her alone? And why was he shouting? He could seriously hear him from where he was.

Toby knew the feeling was stronger now that he first saw her. Although in his angle he couldn't see her face, he felt himself lose his breath hearing her talk. But Toby felt annoyed that she was talking to that, idiot.

But, why did Toby feel annoyed?

He never met this girl, plus it's his victim. She's the one who wants to put Toby behind bars.

Then why did Toby felt so drawn towards her? Why did he felt like killing that man who thought he had a chance with her?

It's something that Toby couldn't understand. It wasn't like he could with his situation. Toby saw her drive away into the night as be let out a small sigh.

He needs to see her up close, maybe it's just his curiosity getting the better of him. Maybe if he just sees her once before he kills her, he could get rid of those nagging feelings. After all there's a difference between seeing her from a television screen and in person.

____

Hey everyone, it's me Itsy.

I'm just here to say that I know this story is on a different account and it's word for word but something happened to my phone and now I can't log onto the original account. Which sucks cause I used that account to read other fanfics and now I basically have to not only find them again but now my story is there. I didn't want to confuse anyone so I made sure that I posted on the original account about what happened :(

At the end of the day, I'm just glad I wrote the first two chapters on the notes app rather than the actual app. It would have sucked to have to rewrite these two chapters. 

So yeah, don't worry I'm not going to make a big fuss about it, I'm going to continue on like a big girl.

Thank you all for understanding ❤️