Chapter 26: Loose Ends

Sean and I were admittedly having a lot of fun planning for the wedding. Neither of us worried too much about the details, but we both had ideas to contribute. Despite being in the winter, I wanted to be sure that we were somewhere in the mountains that was very scenic and beautiful, while Sean cared less about the location and more about the logistics of making my dream come true by finding a place suitable for my grandiose imagination as he put it.

As far as the little things like food and flowers went, I really didn't mind. I liked all kinds of flowers, but I knew Sean secretly had a favorite. I'd known since we were kids about that. However, to this day I don't think he knows I know. Sean wanted something easy for food, so I set about trying to decide who I'd have to pay or have cater for us. It was all fairly complicated and after a few days of non stop wedding planning I was feeling slightly exhausted. I was on my laptop constantly when I was at home, looking up places and flower shops and the like. I also didn't have a clue as to where to get tuxes from. All I knew was that I wanted one of us to be in a white tux and the other a black one.

Every night as I laid in bed next to Sean, I would be thinking about our upcoming wedding, and once I finally fell asleep I soon realized I dreamt about it too. Sean knew about the dreams, but he didn't know some of them were nightmarish in nature. I chalked it up to simply having pre-wedding day jitters. I mean, I was beyond excited, but scared for what the future would hold for us. My mother was a major worry of mine since we hadn't spoken at all in months, and I honestly don't know what to do about it. She made no effort towards me and so I didn't show any back. I told Dad and Sean that I didn't care that she might not be there, but inwardly it ate at me I had to admit.

"Jake?" Sean said, waving his fingers in front of me as I sat on the couch with my laptop. I was staring off into space and not even looking at the screen anymore.

'Yeah?" I answered. He shook his head.

"Babe, you need to relax a little bit. Dinner is almost ready," he replied, turning back towards the stove. I sniffed the air.

"You're right. I'm sorry. I just want everything to be perfect."

"Jake, it isn't going to be perfect, I can tell you that right now, but the most important thing is it will be our perfect. Okay?" He said as he set some plates on the table before returning to the stove once more. I sighed, standing up. I stretched my back as I was feeling a little stiff. Apparently I had been sitting in the same spot for a couple hours now. I set down the laptop on the coffee table and joined Sean in the kitchen. I wrapped my arms around his waist from behind and rested my head against his back, closing my eyes. I felt his hands rest on mine.

"It smells good," I said quietly. "What did you make?" Sean wasn't the best cook, but he could make a few things. I loved the fact that he wanted to help out with dinner sometimes. He could definitely tell I was stressing myself out a little with all of the details.

"It's homeade macaroni and cheese," he said. He swiveled around to face me, cupping my cheeks and locking me in his gaze. He rubbed my shoulders. "We'll get everything figured out okay? Don't stress." I brought my lips to his, giving him a light peck.

"I know. There's just so much to do," I replied, rubbing my temples. He kissed my nose and chuckled a little.

"You always were obsessed with details, like that time in 5th grade when we had to do that science project together. You remember?" He asked. I laughed fondly at the memory.

"Yeah, we were both supposed to work on it together, but you didn't get the stuff we needed and I was going out of town so I was freaking out thinking we weren't going to finish it in time," I said, brushing my fingers through his soft hair. My hand traveled down his face and along his jaw. It'd been a couple days since he shaved, and the stubble on his chin was incredibly hot. He smirked.