Chapter 27: Wedding Matters

Our wedding was fast approaching as days turned into weeks and the weeks turned into months. It had been a couple weeks since I saw my mother. I still hadn't heard anything from her. I'll admit that it bothered me, but I didn't outwardly show it. I acted nonchalant about the whole thing, though I think Sean could see right through that. If he did he kept it to himself though. I don't think he wanted to upset me by talking about her. Besides, the wedding plans were a good enough distraction. Sean and I hardly did anything every evening after work aside from going over all the details and such. It was a little stressful because the holidays were coming up. Thanksgiving was next week, and then after that was our wedding and then Christmas. Sean and I weren't wasting any time. Having known each other for so long, I didn't see the need to be engaged for forever.

"Jake our invitations are here!" Sean said excitedly from the kitchen. I jumped up from the couch, setting my laptop on it and headed into the other room.

"How do they look?" I asked happily. He held one up, his eyes shining with delight.

"They're perfect," he replied, handing it to me. I carressed the invite gingerly, as if it was going to slip from my fingers. On the front was a picture of Sean and I, we were sitting in a pile of bright orange leaves, my back against his chest and his arms around me. It was adorable. Our names were written in a beautiful font. I flipped it over. The other side featured three different pictures of the two of us, from holdling hands, kissing and surrounded by the most gorgeous orange and yellow sunset, and smiling at the camera while we were standing close together. This side also contained the wedding date and time, as well as where it was at. December 14th. I drew in a deep breath and looked back up at Sean.

"They're amazing!" I said, reaching over to grab his hand. He came around the counter and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around his back and held him tightly to me. When we pulled apart I wiped at my eyes quickly, as happy tears had began to form.

"Aww," Sean cooed, brushing his fingertips along my cheek, wiping at the skin. "Baby."

"I can't wait Sean. I really can't wait," I whispered, hugging him again.

"I'm so excited too babe," he said into my hair as he kissed my head. "It'll be here before we know it. We gotta get these all mailed first," he reminded me. I grabbed the box of envelopes and took a seat at the bar.

"Well they aren't going to mail themselves," I told him, smirking. He laughed.

"No they aren't. You know, you look so beautiful in these photos. I'm a lucky guy," Sean said, looking at me sincerely. My heart melted into a giant puddle on the floor just then. It was like being under a spell. A wonderful spell from an absolutely stunning man. I was rendered competely speechless, so I did what you always do in moments like this. I reached over, grabbed his neck and pushed his lips into mine. We kissed deeply and desperately, my tongue entering his mouth to deepen the kiss. He tasted so incredibly good as he always does. Sean pulled away and leaned his forehead against mine, both of us needing air.
"We need to finish this as quick as we can," he muttered. I chuckled at his urgency.

"We will," I said, wiggling my eyebrows. Just then there was a knock at the door. Sean kissed my forehead before getting up to answer the door. His mother burst through as soon as he opened it.

"Oh my god are those the invitations!?" She asked loudly, crossing the room towards me. I quickly closed the box and covered the one in my hand.

"Yes, but you have to wait," I teased her. She crossed her arms.

"Young man don't pester me," she said playfully, stamping her foot like a child.

"It's a surprise mom!" Sean said. "We'll mail them soon and then you can squeal all about it then." We both laughed, leaving Kristen to frown at us.