Chapter 32: ...And In Health

As night appoached, I was feeling restless. My whole day was spent in bed basically, and I was still feeling pretty sick, which was frustrating. I hated being sick. Sean was being the biggest sweetheart ever though, and I felt bad because I probably wasn't much fun to be around at this point. I was hoping beyond hope that I would get some good sleep tonight, but I was seriously doubting it. My stomach was still feeling icky and I just felt weak and achy all over. 

"Here babe, I want you to eat some of this," Sean said as he set down some soup in front of me on a tray. I sat up in bed and leaned my back against the headboard. 

"Thanks. What kind is it?" I asked, staring down at the bowl. The noodles looked delicious. 

"The only soup you really like," Sean explained. "Chicken noodle!" He smiled warmly at me, but then his expression turned serious when he noticed I hadn't taken a bite yet. "You need to eat some Jake. I mean it."

"Aw. You're cute when you're mothering me," I teased. Sean stuck his tongue out at me and chuckled. 

"I just want you to get better. Then we can have fun together," he replied, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively at me. I nearly spit out the spoonful of soup I had just brought to my mouth. 

"You perv! I'm sick here and that's what you're thinking about? How selfish!" I scoffed playfully. Sean shook his head smirking. 

"I think maybe someone is starting to feel better," he said, tapping his chin with his finger. I took a deep breath and continued forcing myself to eat the soup. Don't get me wrong it was delicious, but I just didn't have the appetite I normally would. Fortunately I hadn't thrown up for a few hours, so maybe I'd be able to keep this down. "You eat at least half of that and I'll let you have some ice cream!" I rolled my eyes. 

"Now you're controlling what I eat and when I eat it. Great," I smiled softly. Sean bent his head down a little bit to look into my eyes. He was sitting on the side of the bed while I focused on the soup in front of me. When I brought my gaze up just a little bit, our eyes met, and he gave me a soft smile. 

"I love you," he said sincerely, his voice far more serious. 

"I love you too Sean. Thanks for putting up with me," I told him. 

"Aww I love putting up with you. I wouldn't have it any other way," he said, moving closer to me and pulling me into a hug. "Are you feeling any better?" I shrugged.

"A little. Hopefully I get some sleep tonight. If I can do that I'll probably feel much better tomorrow," I replied. He nodded his understanding. I was also hoping I wouldn't keep him up tonight. I knew how miserable it could be to be kept awake because someone else couldn't sleep. 

"What are you worrying about? I can tell you have something on your mind." Sean said, interrupting my thoughts. 

"Nothing. Just don't want to keep you up," I said sheepishly. Sean glared at me. 

"Jake! Don't worry about that! I'm here for you and I want to make sure you're okay," he said sternly. I sighed. 

"Okay," I whispered. He jumped up off the bed. I'm gonna go get that ice cream for you. Oh and your dad called. He wanted to see if you'd heard from your mom. I told him you were sick." I winced, remembering my mom calling this morning and her text afterward. "He said if you need anything to let him know." I simply nodded my head as Sean disappeared to fetch the ice cream. I rubbed my face. Sean was right though, I shouldn't worry about anything but getting better. Although with our wedding coming up in about a week, I was determined to have everything ready in time.I was just glad we already had most of the preparations done. Kristen had helped Sean and I pick out our suits, separately of course so that each of us didn't know what the other was going to wear to keep it something of a surprise. We already had our pictures taken and invitations delivered to those invited. Our rings were safely bought and given to each other, though we gave them to my dad for safekeeping until the ceremony. It was strange, I already felt somewhat naked without the ring on my finger even though I had only had it on there for a couple of days.